Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23710

Greetings all! I recently got interested in the hotshot. It was just so weird and quirky that I fell in love. I landed a few on ebay and went to work cleaning, sorting and fixing them up. My plans are to sell one of them and keep one once I have it where I want it, so then that brings me to my ID questions.

These are both supposed to be originals, not re re's But there are a few things I can explain even knowing that.

One is the triangle hubs.
One car has triangle hubs and one has more tri star shaped hubs (see pic)

Anyone know the deal with that? All the info I found shows the triangles on originals and re re's. I've seen no info on the stars. The plastic seems to be consistent of the rest of the tamiya parts so I don't think they are aftermarket but I just don't know.

And two.
One of the cars came with a red brace of sorts on the front gearbox. I've seen this brace on other google searches but found no info and again like the hubs the original manual mentions nothing about it. Anyone know whats up with it?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23720

Welcome on board :) :y:

Front chassis brace is a period Team CRP part (check out the pics on this eBay listing for an example) ... IDK about the hubs for sure but I'd guess they are too :)

The following user(s) Liked this: Rotarygod

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23729

Welcome Rotary,

I have already restored a few Shot's... (hot shot and Supershots) and i never saw such a front chassis brace. Honestly i also never payed attention at the shape of the triangles hubs :(

But i'm pretty sure Jonny is right, they look like CRP upgrades.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23821

Well, thanks for the info guys! I guess jonny must be right. I know crp made tons of stuff for tamiya. Now to decide which hub I'll be keeping in my keeper car and which set to let go. I suppose if it's all period correct I might as well keep the upgrades :)

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23886

:) I have a Tristar model in black version with my Avante. But I lost thems :cry: I have no idea where they can be in my room. :blush:

Hotshot parts 10 years 8 months ago #23977

The "tri-star" shaped hubs are indeed original vintage Tamiya items. They are those that featured on the Hotshot 2 & Supersabre.

About time I posted on here. :P

Hotshot parts 10 years 7 months ago #24788

Yes, as said before, the red brace is a CRP part. You can see one on my Boomerang in this post.

Tom

Hotshot parts 10 years 7 months ago #24825

Welcome Wandy :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Wandy

Hotshot parts 10 years 7 months ago #24858

I would like to correct you.
Super Sabre were black as Boomerang ones.

Hot Shot 1 and Hot Shot 2. Super Shot also had red triangles but the Hot Shot 1 ones.

Max

The "tri-star" shaped hubs are indeed original vintage Tamiya items. They are those that featured on the Hotshot 2 & Supersabre.

Hotshot parts 10 years 7 months ago #24871

I would like to correct you.
Super Sabre were black as Boomerang ones.

Hot Shot 1 and Hot Shot 2. Super Shot also had red triangles but the Hot Shot 1 ones.

Max

You are absolutely right of course. I have no idea why I said the Super Sabre ones were the same, I even checked the manual before posting my original comment. :blink:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.