Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Vintage RC Sets

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26872

  • dreadly
  • dreadly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
  • Posts: 137
  • Likes received: 10
Is there a list or a way of identifying the age or years that specific RC electronics where sold/produced? - I was looking to replace the receiver for a vintage ACOMS transmitter and I cannot work out what the appropriate receiver should look like.

As a kid I had a transmitter with an analogue power meter back in the 80's and even though most of my 'stuff' is now digital I would like to get another vintage RC set for my monster beetle but cannot work out what would be an appropriate vintage.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26873

We have a quite extensive thread on "the history of Acoms"
You might find your answer here.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: dreadly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26881

  • dreadly
  • dreadly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
  • Posts: 137
  • Likes received: 10

larbut wrote: We have a quite extensive thread on "the history of Acoms"
You might find your answer here.

-Lars


Thanks Lars, great stuff. I have a whole load of old receiver equipment that I wasn't sure about. I also have one of the last Alpha units in full working order so I am very pleased to have the info.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26890

HI!... Is there anywhere I can look up FUTABA RX and Servo info? I have a ton of old vintage Futaba RX and servo's and would like to know what years they were made.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26893

THE H.P FREAK wrote: HI!... Is there anywhere I can look up FUTABA RX and Servo info? I have a ton of old vintage Futaba RX and servo's and would like to know what years they were made.


You're the resident expert on Futaba gear, HP - I'm still waiting for you to post it yourself ;) :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26901

Jonny Retro wrote:

THE H.P FREAK wrote: HI!... Is there anywhere I can look up FUTABA RX and Servo info? I have a ton of old vintage Futaba RX and servo's and would like to know what years they were made.


You're the resident expert on Futaba gear, HP - I'm still waiting for you to post it yourself ;) :y:


HI!... If I'm the resident expert, then were all in trouble. lol! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage RC Sets 5 years 11 months ago #26917

THE H.P FREAK wrote:

Jonny Retro wrote:

THE H.P FREAK wrote: HI!... Is there anywhere I can look up FUTABA RX and Servo info? I have a ton of old vintage Futaba RX and servo's and would like to know what years they were made.


You're the resident expert on Futaba gear, HP - I'm still waiting for you to post it yourself ;) :y:


HI!... If I'm the resident expert, then were all in trouble. lol! :lol:


I did think about starting a thread on Futaba radio gear, but TBH I have very little info to start with & I'm not really interested enough to pursue it ... this is what I do have, you'll see what I mean:




... real early stuff ... no info at all....

... I'm guessing if there was a "Medallion 2", there was a "Medallion"? I think I may even have seen one of them :huh:

Medallion 2(27mhz) - broadly analogous to Mk.2 Acoms set, so Mid 1981 until late 1983?
I have a set (with box) that came with an original Sand Rover, so there's a reasonable chance of the servo & RX part numbers being correct, and having a date somewhere in the paperwork if I look ...

Attack (27mhz)
Purely going on memory, this was the Futaba offering around the time of the Acoms Mk.III & IV (1984-1987?) ...

Attack-R (27mhz) (chrome front) - equivalent to the early end of mk.v Acoms set (1989/1990)?
I just have the TX ...

Attack-SR (27mhz) (off white case with black stick area) - c. 1991?
One of these came with my Manta Ray, so AFAIK the RX & servos will be correct (once I find the thing to check the numbers)

...big gap ...

Attack T2ER (40mhz, CE marked) - 2001 on?
I have a set (with box) that I bought new with a Wild Willy 2 sometime around 2001/2002, so again the servo & RX part numbers will be correct - once I dig the thing out to check...

... current?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: Jonny RetroAndyAus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.