Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27822

HI!... I just picked this bumper set off of Ebay. It was advertised as a NIP Tamiya F-1 bumper set. I bought them because the front bumper looks just like the one I need for my Tamiya Honda F-2 project but this one is white not black. I have never seen this bumper set made in white before except for the one on Larbut's Honda F-2. The whole bumper set looks identical to the black one's on my Ligier JS9 Matra CS. Can anyone shed some info on this bumper set and what Tamiya vehicle it originally came on? Or was it a Tamiya upgrade set because it's white? Is it rare?

Lars??????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27838

It is the standard kit for the Brabham BT50 BMW Turbo

Released in September 1982, the Brabham BT50 BMW Turbo was the last Tamiya F1 model with the tried and trusted flat pan alloy chassis. Like all the competition special models, this car had good speed and handling and in the ever increasing hobby of RC racing was a perfect beginner's car.
The body shell, as always with Tamiya models, was exact in every detail to the original F1 racing car, right down to the wing mirrors, which are now almost impossible to find if replacements are needed.
The Brabham BT50 BMW Turbo was not produced in great quantities, hence the extreme rarity of this Tamiya classic. This makes the car very expensive to collectors. Occasionally one will come to auction, but at a price. If someone is rebuilding and they struggle to find the white set they are then forced to used the more common black.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27839

HI!... Cool thanks for the info. I spend a hour going through the database. How the heck did I miss that? lol! So apparently this bumper set is extremely rare. Good to know. :woohoo:

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27840

I seems that the Image in the database has the black kit and even Lars's kit has a combination of both.

Attachments:

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27853

The white or black F1 bumpers are one of those things Tamiya did, and still do; really don't care what color it is... (ok a bit harsh, i know)

But my point is, it's the exact same bumper, same part number, only difference is the color of the plastic. I guess Tamiya at one point found that white plastic was cheaper than black, and got a big batch of them.
I don't consider the white rarer than the black, I think they are more or less equal amounts of them out there.

The bumper for the CS chassis has the same thing, white and black bumpers exists.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27856

:unsure: Aren't the colors just for fun? like the Minilite rims for the mini cooper???

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27862

White sets are for sure not more rare then black ones. I personally think that black ones are getting harder too find because they get used lots more then the white version.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27865

HI!... I don't know. In the last 5-7 years this is the 1st set of white one's I have ever seen show up on Ebay or anywhere else. I've seen tons of black ones. This set I have will be put aside for a special build. :cheer:

Anyone know what Tamiya car these are off of? 10 years 3 weeks ago #27872

:pinch:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.