Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36860

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: duplicated pictures :)

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36861

What's the question? on the left you look to have half a Super Champ body on ... well, I can't tell what chassis it is from the pic but it does have Ranger wheels; on the right you have most of a Ranger body and a Ranger front body mount post on a Super Champ chassis with Super Champ (and several other cars) wheels...and the same pic 5 times ...

Welcome on board, BTW :y: :)

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36862

:) welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome. You have here an interesting spares lot guy. :y:

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36863

:dry: Isn't a crp bumper on the Ranger?

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36864

:dry: Isn't a crp bumper on the Ranger?

Looks like it :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36865

Sorry about the pictures I couldn't remove them ? Anyway my I'm going to restore the f150 but as to the super champ, should I keep it a super champ or make it a rough rider?
I'm also worried I over payed for them $225 !
Attachments:

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36866

Seeing the quantity of spares and the prices of these types of chassis, 225$ is not too expensive. That's a price sure but if you can pay it, it is reasonable. :y:

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36867

So apart from the ranger, would it be best to make the other car a rough rider or a super champ? Also is it best to stick with box art colour schemes or go for a more custom look?
Sorry for asking so many questions!

Last edit: by rb1763. Reason: Typo

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36868

You have 2 and a bit Super Champ chassis there, I think it would be a bit of a shame if you didn't make at least one restored Super Champ out of all the bits ...

Define "best paint". If you mean the colours that will bring the most should you even come to sell them then "boxart" is definitely the way to go - or very close to it (like if the manual calls for a specific blue, you could go a bit darker or lighter, or go for a pearlescent or metallic version.

Most Tamiya cars have a recognised alternative boxart scheme, either shown on the box or their promo videos ... for the Ranger it appears to be black without any decals (there are glimpses of it in the promo), for the Super Champ it's also black but with all the decals (from presumably a prototype seen in one of the RC Guide Books). Both are a bit dull IMO.

By the very nature of the parts (Ranger body & wheels on a Super Champ chassis) your Ranger is going to be a bit of a "custom" anyway, so perhaps that's a good excuse to do something slightly different - look at photos of the real version & what other people have done to their Ranger to see what works ... personally I'd stick with the off white panels but go a bit more "Autumnal" with the main colour - brown, orange, red, gold, something like that.

As for the Super Champ (or Rough Rider), look up "Belray Bullet" and "Funco buggy" for real world inspiration.

If you have any thoughts of reselling I wouldn't go too far off the beaten track myself - one persons idea of what looks great, someone else will often see as needing stripping off & putting right.

All that said, "best" paint is really what will motivate you to do a proper job of it.

re what you spent, it's on the upper end of a resonable price - but at least it doesn't look to have been messed about with, used hard & then put away yes, but at least no-one's got hold of it in the meantime and made a half-arsed job of restoring it, or making it functional with the aid of woodscrews and baling twine ;)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Super champ or rough rider ... 8 years 2 months ago #36869

Thanks for your help, I'd like to keep the super champ as close to original as possible, what are the differences between the super champ and ranger chassis?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.