Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36902

Hi,
I've bought two more or less complete Egress wrecks lately, and one of them came without the lower steel front shock mounts (BF8 and BF9), and with a front shock tower that I can't identify. The second one came with the original Egress tower and BF8/BF9. I have checked the manuals for all Avante-class buggies (Avante, Vanquish, Egress and Avante 2001) and none of the uses a front shock tower like that. Anyone who knows what it is?

Original to the left, and the unidentified tower to the right.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TommieG.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36908

Holy macaroni! I managed to silence you! :woohoo: :evil: :whistle:

PS. the tower fits the Egress if the lower damper mount is fitted "avante style", but not when using the Egress specific BF8/BF9 metal brackets. Was there ever a hi-cap damper upgrade kit for the Avante? Could this be a part of such a kit?

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36915

Yep, you got us there, for now.. :-)
Is it just me (or the picture) or is the bracket to the right slightly unproportional ?
Can it be home made?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36917

No, it's completely symmetrical (I have measured it every possible way with a digital caliper), and has the same weave as the Egress tower. If it's home made, it's a darn good job. I will with 99% certainty say it's factory made, and with the same weave as the Egress, it "must" be Tamiya-made.... :S

Last edit: by TommieG.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36920

I think I'm having a déja-vu on this but not a clue where or when I saw the similar topic... nor of any answer.

Last edit: by Edou.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36921

:ohmy: Strange! I have egress hop up shocks on my avante and they fit tip top since 88 or 89. I have the same on my madcap and avante gold ones on the bear hawk.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36923

Phew... :)
Found it... the small shock tower is part of the Hi-Cap Mini option part 53036.
I believe the tower is used when mounting Hi-caps to the Avante, but I'm not sure.

tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=775

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36924

Could it be an Egress tower that was broken & a previous owner has nicely reshaped :huh:

Edit: I was fluffing about with the pic & didn't realize Lars posted :blush: I had a good theory though :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36932

Phew... :)
Found it... the small shock tower is part of the Hi-Cap Mini option part 53036.
I believe the tower is used when mounting Hi-caps to the Avante, but I'm not sure.

tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=775

Wow, thanks!
So I was on the right track, then! :silly: Yes, it must be for mounting the hi-caps on the Avante.

Egress front shock tower and..... what is that? 8 years 2 months ago #36933

Could it be an Egress tower that was broken & a previous owner has nicely reshaped :huh:

Edit: I was fluffing about with the pic & didn't realize Lars posted :blush: I had a good theory though :laugh:

Yes, that was one of my thoughts as well. But studying it, it became clear that it couldn't have been reshaped.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.