Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36956

:) Nice :y: I love rm. Rere front wheels are OK. Isn't another different between mk6 and mk7? The front body mounts. On mine they are in alloy tub. Originally it was another body. Remind the toyota :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36957

The only difference between the RM6 and RM7 are the body posts.
RM6 is supposed to have white plastic body posts with slightly different shape, and the RM7 has black plastic.
RM5 has aluminium front body posts, and black plastic rear. There are other differences between RM5 and RM6/7 as well.

:) Nice :y: I love rm. Rere front wheels are OK. Isn't another different between mk6 and mk7? The front body mounts. On mine they are in alloy tub. Originally it was another body. Remind the toyota :unsure:

RM5

RM6

RM7
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36959

:y: MK6 and MK7 have central post (reinforts) not the MK5 (mine has these but in silver alloy) It has a mk5 upper plate but the original chassis has these posts I had to drill the upper plate.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36960

Correct, there is a extra pair of Upper Deck Posts on RM6&7, but they should be black plastic.
The silver Alloy posts are from the RM5.

:y: MK6 and MK7 have central post (reinforts) not the MK5 (mine has these but in silver alloy) It has a mk5 upper plate but the original chassis has these posts I had to drill the upper plate.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36973

Correct, there is a extra pair of Upper Deck Posts on RM6&7, but they should be black plastic.
The silver Alloy posts are from the RM5.

Here are some picts of my mk5. I am sure that it was not modified. When I received it from my friend, the chassis was missing. I bought one on the bay. Are these front centre posts hop ups or an evolution of the MK5?

Attachments:

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36974

I have moved the RM Mk.5, 6, 7 identifications to a new thread, so we don't interfere with Jonny's Original Body build :-)

Your chassis looks like it started life as a Mk.5 (because of the FRP cross bar for the rear "damper")
The upper plate would then have no holes for the centre posts.
The new lower chassis plate you got would be from a Mk. 6 or 7, if it had the holes for the centre posts.

The metal chassis posts you have are likely from an Avante, Avante 2001 or Egress:

If you compare the two metal chassis post you have, you will probably find that the one with three grooves is ~0,5 mm shorter than the original Mk.5 chassis post.
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36975

:) Thanks Lars, I saw the common posts with the Avante. But the posts were in place when I had the car. I think that the chassis is a mk5 one because I have to drill it for the posts. Is it an old competition modification? If yes, I will remove themes to have an original version.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 2 months ago #36976

:) I know that the body would be the Roth man's one but I only found the Newman in rere.

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 1 month ago #37138

:) Now my RM is a real MK5. I removed the centre posts and blocked holes with black epoxy ;) It needs a msc and a body. Mine is the NEWMAN version.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Racing Master Mk. 5, 6 8 years 1 month ago #37402

:unsure: This body is in a poor condition. Badly painted but looks to be a good tamiya. Stickers are not in the good place :cry: . There is a tamiya decal on the side. If it is a good tamiya, that's cool. My mk5 is complete (excluded the msc)
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.