TOPIC:

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43203

Exist for rc?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43204

traxxas summit has one

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43208

You can lock many Tamiya diffs by replacing the balls with plastic bushings (#54424).

Last edit: by Edou.

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43211

Do you mean like a full size GM Chevrolet Posi-traction unit? A diff like that would be locked under power but unlock for cornering. To my knowledge, there isn't one in RC that works automatically (I believe the Summit's is switchable via transmitter). Ball diffs do this to a degree. The looser the diff (but not too loose as to cause slippage) the more diff action. The tighter the diff, the less action. The newer fluid filled gear diffs also allow for adjustment in diff action. I don't know of any RC diff that works on/off like a Posi unit or even a Detroit Locker.

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43215

Severals RCs had autolocking diffs. They used torsen diff. Especially 1/8th GP buggies in the 90's early 2000years.

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43222

Cool! an RC Torsen style diff sounds neat. Never knew they made something like that.

Exist such a beast as a selflocking differential? 6 years 11 months ago #43233

I don't know more but Sabatini, Italian 1/8th buggies marks used the torsen. Maybe LARO too but not sure. Serpent maybe.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.