Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43591

HI,

I run two BF Extreme's for special needs kids in an after school RC club, and one gearbox has failed. I'm told this is the WT-01 chassis and it has a long black plastic gearbox casing. On opening it the metal motor pinion and its meshing nylon gear are stripped, the rest looks OK.

I can find the case halves listed for sale, also the motor pinions as pairs either 18/19 or 20/21, but nothing else for the gear train.

All help in sourcing gears, or even failing that a complete box please? I'm in the UK but any port in a storm!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43593

Hello Bad Raven, you can find complete gearboxes on ebay. They are in my mind the same as the wild willy2. And they are manufacture built and not very expensive.
The following user(s) Liked this: Bad Raven

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43594

Good thing you doing there, Yes those gear boxes are shared across a wide range of models. Here is a reinforced gear set and as you look down the page you can see the other models :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Bad Raven

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43595

recommend to get two steel 18T pinion to prevent wear, the standard Tamiya pinion are a bit soft.
(robinson racing mod .6 metric RRP#1118)
The gearset can be found with Tamiya - 0555092

Maybe some other TB members did a gear update, you can get a speedgear to make it faster, and have a leftover small counter gear.

It appears that Yeah racing have a replacement gear but that cost as much as the Tamiya gear set.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43601

Super, thanks a lot for all input!

I do not want to make it faster as :-

1. The kids, being Special Needs would only cause more damage!
2. The other one would need modding to make it the same.

Last edit: by Bad Raven.

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43603

Sorry didnt mean you should get the speedgear but that others might have hence they should have a surplus standard gear, the one your looking for :lol:
Do you run the standard motor?
I build several setups for 4-7 year olds with a 55T ot 45T motor, nicely reduces speed (and damages) plus increases runtime.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Bad Raven

Last edit: by waterbok.

Blackfoot Extreme 6 years 11 months ago #43608

Yes, both have std motors. They have been used a lot and have survived (until this gear failed probably through wear), so I'm not too unhappy with the std motor (presume a 27T). I have four cell packs (for Mardave V12s) so run those when I need to "train" newbies at reduced power/speed!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.