Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44915

• BCM06
  • BCM06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hey guys, I stumbled upon this on the local cl and was wondering if it is worth my 100 dollars or not. What do we know about this ?
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44916

That's a tl01. The son of the ta01/02. Heavy duty, multi purpose. ;) but 100USD is a little too for me.

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44919

• BCM06
  • BCM06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Is a TA05 drift spec for 150 a better deal?
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44920

I don't know but the ta05 is a more evolued chassis.

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44924

I was just thinking the other day that between apparent scarcity/increasing interest, fixed income & the "revaluation" of the GBP, I feel priced out of the vintage market now ... is this where we've come to now, that a bodiless TL-01 chassis that you could barely give away for 30 a handful of years ago is now considered worth 100? Compared to that, 150 for the TA05 seems like a much better buy - but I think I'd want to be very clear the seller wasn't living on fantasy island though :whistle:

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44928

Well as a wise man once said to me " you can ask what ever you want, but you still need someone who will pay it" So what the seller is asking is irrelevant really if no one will pay that much then he is stuck with it. As I said somewhere else everybody thinks all old Tamiyas are valuable collectors items.
We know better but.........

It is kind of that way with anything old now, thanks to shows like antiques roadshow and American pickers etc, just because its old doesn't really mean it's quality, or rare, or valuable..... it's always been the same, some stuff is mass produced shite.
I am a recovering Corgi vintage diecast collector and use to laugh at the guys buying up all the limited edition ( made in china) diecast cars that were out in the late 90's and 2000's ( well I guess they are still making such stuff) and thinking they were going to be worth so much more in the future :laugh: . If they make 20,000 as collectors items then 20 years from now 19,998 are still going to be mint in box rare collectors items, what a joke!!. A 1965 James Bond aston martin sill in its box is far more rare because it was never intended to be an " adult collectable " it was meant to be played with and enjoyed by children :) Not horded but middle aged men.......Ok enough about that, but it really is silly when you think about it. B)

I also have noticed, mostly on American television , that when their economy gets soft more of those junk picker type shows pop up trying to convince people that all that crap they have been hording in their back yard is now valuable collectables. I guess they do it to make stupid people fell better because they are so rich now, what with al that valuable junk just laying in the back yard..... " well there, I saws a guy on TV who said that a broken lawn mower sort of like that one is worth $2000. But I am only asking $1400 for mine so its a real deal" :woohoo:

Whoa....sorry for the rant there......it's just stuff that has always bugged me.........;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44930

I'm in two minds about Mike & Frank ... notwithstanding the silent L in American English meaning Mike always introduces himself as "Mike Woof" ;)

American Pickers is endlessly repeatead in the UK & the chances of seeing a fresh episode seem virtually nil ...

Part of me admires the way they are (almost) endlessly patient when someone extends an invite due to wanting to sell up, then doesn't want to sell anything - I couldn't suck up to timewasting arseholes like that :whistle:

I've learned not to be imbibing any tasty beverages whilst watching - all to often they cut to a summary where they say they paid x for something, x sometimes being cheap, often about right ... but all too often being 2/3/4 times what the most generous plausible maximum, pre-haggle retil price could possibly be ... either they have some very rich/lazy clients or they must be taking an absolute bath on a lot of stuff... Going to Europe (e.g. Italy) then bitching about "how much" everything costs seems a bit off to me...

:)

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44931

I bought my 2 tl01b 1 in vgc for 50€ and the other on a trade with a friend. I never thought that their price could jump so many. And what think about on road tl01. One of the ugliest tamiya chassis with so little of interest for me.... I have one or two of it maybe more but why is it so expensive now? Their are a lot of nib on the bay.....

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44938

One of The ugliest tamiya chassis.

Corrected it for you ;)

What is this please 6 years 9 months ago #44940

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: sure. Thanks Jonny.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.