Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya built-in connector 6 years 7 months ago #45787

• poebe
  • poebe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
I have an old nikko Survivor 3 and a tamiya connection build in the chassis.
Does anyone know if these built-in connectors are for sale anywhere?
It would be a shame if I had to wreck my car for the plug. I've got him for sale and it's a rare car

I would like to mount the connector in my m-02 custom so that the body does not always have to be removed from the chassis

I know you love photos so here they are

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by poebe. Reason: stupid translator :D

Tamiya built-in connector 6 years 7 months ago #45789

I reached a dead end, becuase although "Molex" is used by some people to describe the Tamiya 7.2V connector, I could find no evidence that they (Molex) ever made such a connector. Their current "Mini-Fit Jr. 2 way, free hanging" connectors look superficially similar (in which case, looking for "header" or "panel" type mountings might have found you something) - but not only is the latching different, the pins are too. I know there are 4-way (2x2 layout) Molex connectors that are a better match, but no 1x2.

I have no love for Nikko vehicles, but it still seems to be a bit daft to destroy something to use the one connector ... if you're already planning to cut up your M chassis to fit the socket, I'd suggest at least trying making a few holes first so you can keep a regular connector captive with zip ties.

:)

Tamiya built-in connector 6 years 7 months ago #45842

Hey,
Just though I would add some thoughts too. I am sure all this has been mentioned before somewhere. :)
Have you considered moving to a better connector style? I know Tamiya still supplies these 'molex' style and others do too ( monkey see, monkey do ) but we have known they are not very good for about 30 years! Very early in the racing world people figured out that lots of amps and repeated plugging and un-plugging caused these connectors to fail quickly. I don't remember exactly when I saw my first Dean's connector but it wasn't long before most of the guys were using them. There are many different types now, Deans style is still available but when I started back at this a few years ago I went with the XT60 type and I like them. Yes I know it's Hobby King, and I am certainly not doing a commercial for them but I did a quick look and found they have an "XT60 panel mounting kit ", (sorry but I can't seem to copy a direct link for you). They also have a great set of plug adaptors " XT60 multi-plug adaptor set" so you can use just about any popular plug type with one of their batteries equipped with an XT60 plug. I have been using a conversion plug for a long time so I can run one of the nice small lipo packs in my vintage Tamiya's regardless of the speed controller type when I want to take one for a run, just don't forget the lipo alarm if you want to keep the battery alive. ;)
Take a look, just search on the above info and you will find them.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Tamiya built-in connector 6 years 7 months ago #45846

Go for the XT60, loads of choice there. Seen multiple options for mounting the plug. Banggood, Hobbyking even Shapeways.
Think I converted at least 20+ NiMh packs and ESC to XT60, they now even come in black.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Tamiya built-in connector 6 years 7 months ago #45848

• poebe
  • poebe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
thank you very much gentlemen
I myself only use tamiya, bullit and trx connectors
this is a factory basic setup tamiya and i would like to use the tamiya connetor
The tamiya connector of the picture is not standard and I will connect the original plug that is mounted on the esc to the tamiya battery that will stand on the shelf.
The battrij is dead and I do not know if I would ever drive this car but he can ride!
something with a toy factor

Last edit: by poebe.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.