Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45986

• VCR
  • VCR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
I'm repeating the post but maybe this is the right place. From what I could find on the internet It looks like this is original Skoda Octavia WRC version sold by Skoda Dealers. Therefore a limited edition. I think the chassis is a TL-01 but I can not get much more information about the car. Does anyone know if this model has value for a collector? Because if it has no collection value it will be heavily used and abused. Of course if it has collection value goes to the "shelf" or becomes available for an exchange.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45987

Hi VCR,
This is a tough one...
As far as I have seen, there are not many collectors out there for these odd models, hence the value don't seem to be high. I guess one problem is that the models are not seen as official Tamiya products. Often they are a low-end chassis with a Carson body.
On the other hand, if you find a collector that like/collect these odd-ones, you might see a decent value.

I would not buy one, simply because I have no interest in these, but If I had one, I would take care of it and put it on the shelf knowing it's rare (not to be confused with "expensive") and cool :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45989

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Larbut, I do not want to get rich with the car either ;-) Having collector's value does not mean money. Since I am not a collector, I will consider swapping for a car of similar value. Meantime it stays on the shelf. Will a used DF-01 be a fair exchange?

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45990

I don't follow prices that much, so there will be others on here that knows better. :blush:

Will a used DF-01 be a fair exchange?

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: VCR

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45991

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
:y:

Skoda Octavia WRC 6 years 6 months ago #45994

That is an interesting body. The tl01 is not amazing for the moment like ta01 02 df01several years ago. You could restore the chassis and keep it some years under the bed. I am collecting ta01 02 df01 so, sorry I can't swap with you ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: VCR

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.