Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48137

Can anyone ID these shocks for me, are they a tamiya hop up, non tamiya, I have not a clue :S
It’s an original 58058 Blackfoot chassis as far as i am aware
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48141

They look to be early 80's 1/8th off road gp rc. No tamiya sure. Yankee mardave or other like these brands.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48143

They look to be early 80's 1/8th off road gp rc. No tamiya sure. Yankee mardave or other like these brands.

Would they have a resale value Flo?

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48144

Probably but not too expensive

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48145

Or an after market like you G???
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48227

Don't look like YOU-G stuff to me I am sure they were always blue. But I do admit they have a very "you-g" looking mounting end, just a straight rod with a hole in it.
Sometimes I look at the old hop-up parts that we had back in the day ( I do still love them :) ) and can't believe we thought they would make the car better :laugh: Heavier yes...better ????

Some of the engineering or lack there of is highly questionable, I have a you-g front shock setup for my Frog, the one with the balance tube, and am really not sure what they were thinking, how is that even suppose to work :S , sure it looks cool but???

But to be fair the trend still continues today, replacing perfectly good moulded parts for colored alloy parts of questionable engineering and manufacture. I have always found the moulded parts have a bit of "give " to them where the alloy stuff just bends or breaks off or transfers the shock load to another component further in that breaks :( One needs to look no further than the Asia T's website to see the incredible array of shiny alloy bits available, very pretty, very pretty.....;)

There were a lot of overnight start up part suppliers back in the day so it's hard to know, they are cool looking and if they work I say clean them up and use them :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Re:Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48228

As as we are into shocks would love to know who made these. Apparently they fit the Willy M38 chassis.

Re:Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48229

Team CRP????

Re:Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48230

As as we are into shocks would love to know who made these. Apparently they fit the Willy M38 chassis.

They look cool, nice design :)

Re:Shocks? 6 years 2 months ago #48237

OK waterbok,, you win! :)
Those are very cool. I have never seen any like that before, I wonder how well they work? Anything that would take the bounce out would be good.

Although I was not a fan of the new chassis for the wild willy II at first I did build one for my wife to run. The first change after we ran it was to add shocks! :) Then I understood and liked the new chassis idea :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.