Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48687

Hi all,

First pics are just some misc parts, I assume the resistor plate (short screws) would be the hornet and many cars such like, but the suspension parts are interesting?

Regarding the SRB bumper, does anyone know the specific differences compared to the rerelease. I'm aware the originals had ABS on one version, and a misspelling of "bugy" on another but I will be moving this one on soon and want to confirm the version.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48688

Well I can't say for the bumper but I suspect Jonny retro can help :) The resistor plate is a generic one and could be from many models as you said ;) The damper parts I feel are for the alloy type shocks used on the Frog then the Wild One, The little spring was a good indicator :P

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48696

Well I can't say for the bumper but I suspect Jonny retro can help :) ...

I wouldn't count on it ... NIB/NIP SRBs and parts have never been within my budget :( I'm not aware of any canonical resource about SRB bumpers (so this could all be complete bannocks) but I'm under the impression that the very earliest would have been black had the "BUGY" misspelling and no text on the underside, possibly a 2nd version with the correct spelling but still no underside text on the underside, 3rd with correct spelling and text on the underside, 4th (and possibly 5th) and 2 & 3 but in grey ... or maybe just as 3rd in grey. Re-release versions - 6th gen (Buggy Champ/Sand Scorcher 2010) as 3rd/5th but with extra modern recyling info & in black, 7th gen (Fighting Buggy) as 6th but in grey again. I'm not aware of any vintage versions with ABS markings... see note re bannocks, above. My view - more likely to be late SRB/ Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy era rather than earlier .. still, it's an NIP SRB bumper & how many of those are there? Bumpers like your went for (or were at least listed at) silly money, things have calmed down a lot after the Fighting buggy re-release, but I would still have thought worth 35 GBP (plus post) if not a little more :)

Suspension parts look the right colour to have been cut from a Frog inner box ... I was thrown from a bit by the yellow disc (I remember them being white/"natural") ... I guess it's just age.

Resistor mount is throwing me ... later vintage type cadmium passivated screws, but the material & the heat crimp on the bag look much later, somewhere in the 20 "meh" years (for me anyway) between 1988 & 2008. Statistically speaking, it's more likely to be off a Lunchbox or Pumpkin than anything else :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Purple_rob

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48697

Yep! Damper bags are from frog. Membrane is a proof.

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48712

Thanks guys, lots of great info as usual. Funny as I couldn't find any version comparison info today looking around on the Internet.

Interestingly there is an "abs" one for auction right now on eBay running at £55 plus.

Attachments:

Need a little help on a couple of parts plus info on the SRB bumper 6 years 1 month ago #48716

Thanks guys, lots of great info as usual. Funny as I couldn't find any version comparison info today looking around on the Internet.

Interestingly there is an "abs" one for auction right now on eBay running at £55 plus.

Found it ...

Despite it being listed and described as vintage, bidders should have noticed that it's a re-release one because it says 2009 on it. Presumably when the high bidder sees that, either the seller "didn't know", or will say they should have looked at the pictures?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.