Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Egress tires 5 years 6 months ago #52028

Hi.
Does anybody know if the Egress tires were available before the release of the Egress in June 1989?

The Vanquish that was released half a year earlier than the Egress came with the same wheels as the Egress, only in white instead of black, but with the Supershot tires. I'm just asking because I'm trying to build an Avante/Egress with the "Avante Carbon Graphite Chassis Set" (that was released at the same time as the Vanquish), and I want to stick with the parts available at the time of release, not using parts that didn't surface until the Egress release. I could "stretch it" to use parts released between the graphite chassis set and the Egress, though.

My goal is to show the "racing evolution" of the Avante -> Egress+ by building each model.
-Avante (March 1988) - DONE
(-Avante with the "Dirt Burners Avante XL Chassis Kit" (about August 1988)) - DONE (needs painting)
-Avante/Egress with the "Avante Carbon Graphite Chassis Set" (December 1988) - partly done
-Egress (June 1989) - DONE (needs painting)
-TRF Egress Jamie Booth (1990) - partly done

Tom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TommieG.

The Egress tires 5 years 6 months ago #52064

Hi Tom.
I don't know, but based on the release dates, the Hybrid tires were not available before the Egress.
53039 and 53040 were both released in July 1989.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG

The Egress tires 5 years 6 months ago #52065

Thanks Lars.
I might just go for the Supershot/(Avante) spikes or maybe Schumacher or Kyosho tires on that build. Both the CAT and Optima Mid tires were popular options back then.

Tom

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.