Keyword

TOPIC:

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54323

I am about to purchase these rims here, but before I do I'd like to ask if there's anybody here with a dash of experience in beadlock rim assembly. I've been trying to install a tire onto a beadlock rim I got earlier, but I seem to have hit a rock wall. Or rather a mountain.

.. I can't get the tire onto the rim! WHY!??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54330

Hard to say without knowing the specifics. Not every tire fits every wheel, even if they are both rated at 1.9". For example, Proline tires tend to be very thick and won't fit on some beadlocks. Your best bet is to match brands. RC4WD tires will always fit on RC4WD rims. With that being said, I put my stock Axial SCX10II tires onto these Jeep wheels with no problems. I also put the stock Bruiser tires onto RC4WD wheels with no problem.

I've got dozens of sets of beadlocks so it you have a specific problem feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54335

Try to put rubbers in boiling water

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54337

.. boiling ? Never, no way I will do that. That is too creative.

Hmm. I will need to buy special tires then, of matching brand.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edit: by uncletom.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54338

No. That gives tires softer. Like for transmission socks on real car.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54549

I just stumble upon these on Shapeways

www.shapeways.c...arketplace

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54550

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Nice wheels, there is some great stuff on Shapeways.

I’m surprised with the technology that Tamiya don’t do a bespoke part making department.
There are such talented people trying to restore old cars or just make something cool.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54563

Thank you Caprinut. Those 3D-printed wheels look very good. I just may buy them, but how durable are the printed parts really? They won't break?

As I found that Jeeps also have these white pressed type of rims, I bought these 1.55'' beadlocks with 84mm diameter Mickey Thompson tires.

But now I'm not sure that the 1.55'' are the right size. They look OK, but is it really a correct diameter of rims, and / or tire for the Tamiya 1:10 Wrangler body? Should I not have gotten the 1.9'' ?

.. and I also want to mention that I had no problem fitting the tires into the beadlock rims. It took a while with tinkering and positioning, but it all did fit nicely and I managed to make an even fit all around on each wheel, so they spin straight and evenly without wobble.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: poebe

Last edit: by uncletom.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54564

But now I'm not sure that the 1.55'' are the right size. They look OK, but is it really a correct diameter of rims, and / or tire for the Tamiya 1:10 Wrangler body? Should I not have gotten the 1.9'' ?

That looks scale accurate to me. 1.9" is really too big.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 month ago #54565

3d printing has come a long way.
As long as you don't hit the sides at full speed with the 27t motor, I think they will held up as well as orginal plastick wheels.
I'm running a 3d print skidplate and servo mount on my crawler, and both are doing awesome. Those items are from Shapeways.

1.55 would be 15.5" inch in real world and 1.9 would be 19".
I think for the most part on 1:10 rc cars 1.55 look too small, but design of the wheel have everything to say how they look to your eye for size vs the body size.

On scale trucks I use only 1.9 on my rigs, mostly due they fit the vehicle 99% of the time, and the tire selection is huge.
Some vehicles has a knuckle design that won't allow 1.55 wheels to fit, espesially beadlocks.

I usually tend to find the tire thread design I have in mind for my rig, then looking which wheel I want.
Sometimes the wheel design of choice dictates what tires you can run.

If you want the steel wheel look, Boomracing has both wheels and tires that goes with them, even in narrow width for the super scale look.
Asiatees is the shop selling Boomracing stuff, and they have a huge selection of other things like shocks, spare parts, scale accessorries, tires and loads more.
But not so great on Tamiya stuff, but there is other shops for that :laugh:

Last edit: by caprinut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.