Keyword

TOPIC:

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 week ago #54566

Uncletom. These rims look pretty nice. On real wrangler there were 15' rims and maybe 16 ' for the limited gold ones. I had the same rims on my 1:1 baja beetle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What wheels for JEEP? 5 years 1 week ago #54580

Thanks for your input guys. Yes, well come to think of it 1.9 wheels corresponding to 19'' rims are found mostly on modern SUVs and sports cars. 15'' is more common in rims for old jeeps and pickup trucks.

I could put on somewhat larger tires perhaps, to make the wheels appear slightly bigger.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What wheels for JEEP? 3 years 3 months ago #63196

You can find those exact wheels here:

www.shapeways.c...r-rim-v2-1
Attachments:

What wheels for JEEP? 3 years 3 months ago #63199

Thank you! I see! I will buy a set.
Are they 3D-printed? How is the durability in these materials? Is it like Tamiya wheels?

What wheels for JEEP? 3 years 3 months ago #63298

They are 3D printed. I haven't had any trouble with them on my Jeep. They are exact copies original Tamiya rims that came with the Wrangler kit, but the spoke pattern has been changed to mimic the Jeep 5 spoke wheel and a center cap has been added to cover the large nut that our r/c models use to hold them on. It makes them look even more correct. It's just that 3D printing is still pretty expensive. I can't wait until the prices come down.

Oh, and they take a bit of sanding to smooth them out enough for paint.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom

Last edit: by Mad Max.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.