Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 3 months ago #63894

• poebe
  • poebe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
Gentlemen.
I have been shopping for a while but unfortunately there is nothing in between what looks like the rims of the pictures

Except the PORSCHE 910 RIMS!

they are 5 spokes and on the photo it looks like 6 spokes like honda but the honda rims I don't have at home yet so I have to wait for that

If you look closely at the picture you will see that the right front wheel is honda 6 spoke and the left front wheel is tamiya 12021 BBS 
and most likely this is just The first Tamiya mix and match hybrid!

the rims of this inside out? front and back?
or not..

Look at the picture it also seems that the front and rear rims are the same diameter and width, but I could be wrong.

the front wheels are 100% 1/12 scale static when you see the shape of the rim. it has no flat running surface and the rim consists of several parts.
I wonder if this is really the 12020 which was made rc (proto) or if it is a car that fumito drove over the parking lot during the break from work which he had built before
I'm starting to doubt more and more. which car do you think it could be?

That day, Fumito Taki was driving a car but Mr Tamiya was surprised not to hear the usual sound of the engine, so he asked for a closer look to this custom made model. Suprise: the body was an 1 / 12th scale Formula 1 static model from the Big Scale series and the chassis featured an electric motor powered by dry cells. Right away, Mr Tamiya knew he got the idea. So Fumito Taki naturally got assigned to transform the static Porsche 934 into an electric-powered radio-controlled model (proto)None of the Otaki rc models resemble the prototype I am building but the 58001 is very similar! I'm afraid something went wrong somewhere with the name of the person who was flying and driving in the parking lot during the break at work ...

www.google.com/...VRfRPIVQnM
despite having stopped construction for a while because I'm waiting for parts, I can continue with my porsche 935 construction projects

Look what a nice rear rims I managed to score!
I am in love with the boxes alone! i'm really proud of all these parts and info although it is getting really out of hand :D

My girlfriend was already arguing with me because I was in my hobby room too much.
I didn't argue with her because this is my house and my hobby room;)
But it really starts to get out of hand because I love the toy factor of the cars but I keep going;)

If there is anyone who still needs 1/12 bigscale tires or rims send me a PM!
It fits perfectly on f1 and f2 models!

nice piece of knowledge!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by poebe.

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 3 months ago #63900

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Stupid question, but is it not possible to find out exactly what parts were used on this original build. By that I mean is the original guy at Tamiya, Fumitory Taki is he not around to ask what he used.
Tamiya seem more like an organised gang rather than a model maker.
They don't seem to respond, converse or acknowledge with anyone.
I love what you're doing here, but it feels harder than it should be.
Good luck. And I love how many parts you've managed to acquire.

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 3 months ago #63906

The Japanese may have a word for 'Omerta', but they haven't told anyone what it is ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 3 months ago #63921

• poebe
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
I'm afraid this car is completely rubbish!
the rear rims are bigger than the 360 ​​motor. the rear rims are f1 f2 diameter
the front rims are 2 different, honda and 1 or other bbs rim.
the positions of the steering servo are incorrect
nothing is right!
where should a battery be placed?
there is nothing on the chassis like the 934 58001
what the heck is this thing? I stop it for a while I don't understand anything anymore
even the story of taki is wrong because the rc build models from otaki look like the 58001 and not this one!
This thing is not taki's creation!

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #63972

• poebe
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
OMG! Mystery solved
Can I delete the previous post?
The lockdown does crazy things to people!
In the Netherlands we are not allowed on the street after 2100h so I took another look at the chassis
By changing and comparing rims after the honda 272 rims came in I found out that the front rims are 1:12 big scale 12005! 

So it is that Otaki drove his (motorized) Matra MS11 across the parking lot. So it was a motorized model of Tamiya itself on which an MSC had been made.
Most likely it had a steering servo, a servo for the msc and a receiver from an airplane
So the motor was already in the car!
For me this is definitive proof that the "prototype" of the photo is not a Porsche 934 prototype but the custom F1 car with which Mr. Tamiya Otaki saw driving in the parking lot.
I still disagree with the steering of the front wheels because as shown on the chassis there is a battery holder in place of the steering servo (Can someone tell you which batteries should be in 1/12 big scale?)

I still believe that the steering linkage should be in front of the front wheels because otherwise the battery tray will be in the way. He may have removed the battery tray from the mattra and placed 4 cells under the driver. that may explain the wires on the white plate but the white plate looks like plastic and it may also be that current has run through those wires from the msci'm really pretty sure the servo sat as follows although there are also otaki cars which had it the other way round

The legend 

One day, Shunsaku Tamiya (Tamiya's President) saw one of the company designer playing with a radio-controlled car on the compagny's car park. This designer, Fumito Taki, loved anything radio-controlled and often used the company's car park at spare time to fly his gas-powered planes. Fumito Taki had already been in charge of transforming one of Tamiya's static model into an electric-powered model: the model was the 1/16th scale M4 Sherman tank released in 1974. That day, Fumito Taki was driving a car but Mr Tamiya was surprised not to hear the usual sound of the engine, so he asked for a closer look to this custom made model. Suprise: the body was an 1/12th scale Formula 1 static model from the Big Scale series and the chassis featured an electric motor powered by dry cells. Right away, Mr Tamiya knew he got the idea.
(This called prototype chassis do's look like tamiya 58001 but it is custom build for an Matra MS11 !!)
 So Fumito Taki naturally got assigned to transform the static Porsche 934 into an electric-powered radio-controlled model in order to reuse and recoup the mold cost. At that time, a gas-powered radio-controlled car was a sales hit when it sold about 6.000 units a year: the kit RA1201 hit the 100.000 unit barrier before the end of its first year.Google "OTAKI RC CHASSIS" and you will see that from 1973 the parts already resemble the Tamiya Porsche 935!

Cheers mate's!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #63973

Mistery is lighted now. 

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #64032

• poebe
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
look what i scored on ebay! I am completely motivated to continue. now only find the wheels and an old potentiometer in red!

Attachments:

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #64037

Nice! Have you a  pict of the potentiometer you need ?

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #64038

• poebe
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
this one! :D

and 1 complete matra  would be nice 
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Tamiya 58001 PORSCHE RSR Prototype info wanted 3 years 2 months ago #64049

• poebe
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
OMG! Al's  chassis is an eye opener! 
tamiyabase.com/...tach#64048

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.