Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11709

... what is a complete Tamiya Manta Ray worth (with radio and chargers)? Watching one on ebay that has been misdescribed. Be quick - only 20 minutes to go! LINKY

Poor photos, broken suspension, 0 feedback seller ... I'm not sure I'd touch that with someone elses bargepole :sick:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11711

Yeah, looks like a Manta Ray (identified thanks to this site). Not ridiculously cheap having checked completed listings in ebay.
Here's the link to the pics as text - www.dropbox.com...SbLs3u_Iyl - try copy-paste into your browser.

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11713

... what is a complete Tamiya Manta Ray worth (with radio and chargers)? Watching one on ebay that has been misdescribed. Be quick - only 20 minutes to go! LINKY

Poor photos, broken suspension, 0 feedback seller ... I'm not sure I'd touch that with someone elses bargepole :sick:

Yeah, OK. I restrained myself. I just thought it might be cheap, then "got the fever". Went for

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11714

Cool, that worked... I'd say the SRB's do-able, but I would as I don't seem to have any fear of such things... I actually think the addition of the Marauder front end all those years ago was probably a good idea, to make the car more usable (Yep I love the Marauder front end, works brilliantly, shame the rest of the car was pants!).
I'd say it'll cost a small fortune to get it back semi-original, but how about doing an "SRB-based runner project"? - you'd need new gearbox halves, to keep the poo out of the gears, replace the M3 cap-screws in the front arms with M3 grub-screws to tidy (Search M3 grubscrews on Ebay, you get loads for a quid), get a cheapy radio-box copy from Kamtec, ballrace kit (They're really cheap nowadays) a hot(ish) motor & an HSP/HPI chinese ESC & you're nearly done. If you don't want to run the Scorcher shell, Kamtec do a cheap ABS repro (Not quite identical) (- look at my "Holiday Scorcher")..... I'm up for it if you're not!

The Mugen's interesting, I never got a close look at it all those years ago. Integral TVP chassis/gearbox spine. Don't think the shocks are right though, remember them being silver/ally - think those fitted are Tamiya CVA? Again, not far off being a runner if you wanted to, although I don't fancy your chances on the spares front if you break it...

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11787

You make a powerful argument Eddrick...Now I am conflicted! If I were to do the SRB I would want to keep it as "cash neutral" as possible, meaning funds would have to be raised by flogging the other stuff on eBay. The small list of parts you have there comes to over

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11809

Oooops, just bought this: www.ebay.co.uk/...0740481037
Not Tamiya, but retro and rare I think

Need to sell some stuff now :unsure:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11810

Not a bad score, even for a Traxxas. ;)
Looks like a nice Futaba Tx. :y:

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11842

Hahaha! & this is how it starts.... Give it a couple of months & you'll be locked in the spare room fixing vintage toy cars in your pants & completely transparent....

Nice car though, never seen one up close but it looks a bit RC10ish

Re: Reborn Tamiya fan from the UK 11 years 7 months ago #11843

Thanks. We'll see what it looks like when it arrives :lol:

I did fancy an original RC10, but the couple I've seen on eBay seem to go for even more stupid money than SRBs.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.