Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54803

Hey everyone,
My name's Jon and I'm a newbie here and want to say hi to everyone. I joined this site as I heard from others that this would be a good place to get info and help that I need for my project. I'm looking forward to learning and getting info.
My new project is an original tamiya bruiser. It took me a long time to find 1 that was in good shape within my budget. It has the original 750 motor and transmission. I plan on actually running this but I want to keep it as vintage as possible with some modern touches.
I found a nib original 6v 4000 mA Ni-Cd battery that I also want to use (if possible). I also want to keep the original transmission and 750 motor. However I do want a modern esc for reliability. Does anyone know of a reliable esc that will work?
This will be a runner but not an abused truck so I don't want anything pricey. I really look forward to your guys help. Glad to be hear and learn. Thanx and take care,

Jon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54804

Oh and if it helps,I did put new tamiya plugs on the battery so the battery now has the female plug to work on most chargers/esc that has the male tamiya plug

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54806

Hi and great choice of car. I would recommend the quicrun crawler brushed ESC, it's small, waterproof and has a lot of of setup options like braking and drag brake initial start force etc.

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54807

I agree with the recommendation to use a Hobbywing Quicrun 1080. I'd also strongly suggest using a NiMH battery instead of Ni-Cd. Looks the same but performs much better. I've done a full build topic on my Bruiser if you want to review any of it to know what to expect, but it is the re-released Bruiser which is slightly different.

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54808

Plenty of vintage rebuilds on TB even some which do complete gearbox overhaul with ball bearings.
Manotas would be our guru or head junkie. :)

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54810

Ok thanks,I'll have to look into that one.

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54811

Thanx also. I've used NiMH batteries in the past but for this project I wanted to keep the Ni-Cd battery. I like the big and bulky battery that was used back in the day. I'm not so much looking for performance. I just want this to be a runner that looks full vintage with old battery and all with the difference of using a modern esc. Ok thanx as I'll def check out your build.

Newbie here with need of help with my bruiser 4 years 11 months ago #54854

Manotas would be our guru or head junkie. :)

Always pleased to help
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.