Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

In the hobby since 1986. 4 years 2 months ago #58193

My first car was actually a Kyosho (?), but it was a plastic, geared pull strap that you fed in the slot and pulled like a lawnmower.
But nothing was to prepare me for the electric, "run all day" era. My first battery was a 1200 MaH, 6 cell NICad, gosh the memories.
My first electrics were the Road Wizard (recently refurbished) and the Porsche 956.... the one that was yellow and black. I have that one but nobody.
At the carpet track, it kept up with the big names. I've had every Tamiya Formula style kit, all the "Monster Beatle" variants. Trucks were OK to me but asphalt is where my heart was. I wanted to pass the '3 digit' barrier. I finally did with an Xray 2011 T3 and Castle Creation electronics. The hearing and details are still 'secret' so no one ask! At 60, I have several friends that still run with me as a hobby. No more races.

Thanks for letting me join. I have a lot of stories to tell you guys.

Regards, Dave
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, AndyAus, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

In the hobby since 1986. 4 years 2 months ago #58194

Welcome Dave.

In the hobby since 1986. 4 years 2 months ago #58197

Welcome to TamiyaBase Dave,
Great background and Tamiya history!
-Lars
PS: Your username gives fond memories of a great British TV series.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

In the hobby since 1986. 4 years 2 months ago #58198

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the screen name is taken from the British series, good call. A lot think I am referring to the snake.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.