Keyword

TOPIC:

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59500

Hi, I’m brand new to all of this and am in desperate need of help!
He had an hpi evo rush when he was younger and he loved it but it got damaged in a flood so I thought I would buy him a build your own RC kit as a kind of replacement. I like the look of the tamiya 58391 but I’ve watched a video on YouTube it looks insane so I was wondering if it too hard if a build for a newbie like him or if it’s a doable challenge? Any advice on this or any other car would be amazing. Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59501

Hi and welcome. The 58391 is the hotshot rere. Tamiya kits are easy to build.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59502

Ah amazing, so he’ll be able to do it. When I watched the video of the build it looked insane so I worried it would be be more for advanced builders and it would go to waste if he couldn’t do it. Thank you for your reply

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59503

The manual is perfect he just have to build the rc step by step. And if he has a matter here on tamiyabase is always somebody to help your husband.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59505

I waited too long and now they aren’t available 🤦‍♀️ Now my choices are these! Do you have any advice? Sorry!!!
Attachments:

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59506

These aren't the same category. Hornet and grasshopper are more for younger people. Comical are more toys to.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59507

Grasshopper and hornet are mythics rc

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59508

🤦‍♀️ Ok, thank you! Back to the drawing board. The original one isn’t available until 9th June and his birthday is 16th May. Nevermind, I’ll keep looking. Thank you so much fro all of your help
The following user(s) Liked this: CamoRacer

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59509

Grasshopper and Hornet are the same model, except for looks. Easy to build and lots of fun.
Hornet (not the Comical one) requires painting of the clear shell. The Grasshopper is in white hard plastic and you can skip the painting if that's a practical problem.

I would have one of those two before Comical Hornet.

Remember that it takes more than the kit to get the model running. You will also need radio gear (transmitter, receiver and servo) and a running battery ( I guess 7,2V NiMh would be good.) and finally a charger for the battery. I see Wonderland Models have some "Starter package" deals available under "Related Items"
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 10 months ago #59521

Thank you for your reply. So would you say the hornet is ok for an adult or is it more for kids? I had my heart set on the hot shot but the aren’t in stock until after his birthday.
Thank you

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.