Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61427

Hello all. New member here. I had 3 Tamiya's as a teenager... a Bear Hawk, an Alfa 155 (TA02?) and a Peugeot 206 TA03F-S.
They've all been stored at my parents' place until recently when they had a clearout and dug them out for me.
I'm looking at getting the Peugeot up and running again. I had barely used it, before dropping it and breaking the front and rear hub carriers along one side. I've managed to order the parts up, though am disappointed I didn't do this years ago, as it looks like there are many hop up parts that I could have got too.
I've also lost a drive shaft in the process... it looks like these are discontinued, as are the replacements mentioned on a forum somewhere. I will initially "borrow" one from my Alfa chassis, but longer term would like to replace it.

I've charged up my batteries and tested the radio gear... aside from a dodgy switch wire, the ESC seems to work (after some trimming) but the steering servo is not responding. Looking at recent parts, everything looks to have changed- but then it would in 20 years!

Just wanted to say Hi... it looks like this is a good place for talking about this kind of stuff and I'm sure I will have some questions as I go!
The following user(s) Liked this: NorthernMonkey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61430

Welcome on tamiyabase. The place to be to restore our rc. The 206 is a ta03fs. But dogbones are common with all ta03. Take a look on ebay. GPM and other did option parts for it. The ta03 is a good chassis. And easy to use. I ran the impreza and enjoyed with it.
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983, FatherOfFourESX

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61432

Welcome on board :y: :)
The following user(s) Liked this: FatherOfFourESX

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61442

Greetings, pics and build threads are much appreciated. :cheer:

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61449

Getting back into it myself after a long break.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Rekindling an old hobby 3 years 8 months ago #61454

Welcome aboard.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.