Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi! Looking for some advice on 90s rc loft find. 3 years 6 months ago #62056

Hello TamiyaBase users.

I would like to apologise in advance as I have joined the forum on the advice of someone else in order to try to get some advice on some retro rc gear that I had stored in my loft from the 90s! I was planning on selling this stuff to clear some space but the more I look around these forums the more RC-lust comes back! haha...

Anyway, I suppose I'm just looking to find out whether any of this stuff is of value in it's current state or whether I should be fully renovating everything so that it's up and running again- what's your guy's thoughts?

Sorry if this in the wrong category by the way.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi! Looking for some advice on 90s rc loft find. 3 years 6 months ago #62057

I can tell you from experience that anytime I was in your position and got rid of stuff like this, I missed it and ended up chasing it down and buying it again.

Restore it and enjoy it, then if you still want to sell, do it. :cheer:

Hi! Looking for some advice on 90s rc loft find. 3 years 6 months ago #62060

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, if you’ve got any interest in these cars then have a go at restoring them. You’ll work out if you want to keep them or not.
But if you’re really not that interested, I think you’d do best selling them as they are. I think people love to buy a good loft find and bring them back to life.

But like Jim says be careful you might find yourself trying to buy these again if you have any interest still in the hobby.

Hi! Looking for some advice on 90s rc loft find. 3 years 6 months ago #62079

Thanks guys, really solid advice... although not strictly speaking what I was wanting to hear as it don't fit in with my space-clearing drive! Although I agree that I think it is going to be the correct way to go. Out of any of it I have the best memories of the Tamiya buggies so I might just get rid of the Schumacher and Koyosho stuff and see if I can build 2 working vehicles from the rest. I think I have a Bush Devil and the remanences of a Monster Beetle here.

Last edit: by jpn5.

Hi! Looking for some advice on 90s rc loft find. 3 years 6 months ago #62081

Yes it is a bush devil which looks complete to rebuild and run. A good chassis to run and better than the mb.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.