Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74646

• Dafino
  • Dafino's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello all,
I am in Indiana. My brother was into Tamiya RC cars when I was younger and had a Lunchbox, Grasshopper 2 and Madcat. I then transitioned into RC scale boats and except for having a Traxxass Slash 2WD about 5 years ago for a while I have been out of the hobby.

Lately, I saw the 1/10 Zakspeed Capri and fell in love with it. I looked online and cannot see any for sale right now, so does anyone know if they will be in stock/released again soon or do I have to just be patient and scour eBay?

My understanding of Tamiya, is that this model uses the TT-02 chassis which means you can fit several different bodies on the same chassis, right? As I don't have the time I;d like to do a full build at present, I am considering buying either a RTR verion for the Zakspeed like this:

Jagermeister RTR Zakspeed Capri

Then getting a WURTH livery body off eBay or similar that people seem to sell so I can have the best of both worlds. Failing that, I have considered buying a Mustang TT-02 for example and then getting the Zakspeed Capri body seperately.
What is my best option? Ideally I want a Capri complete kit/RTR.

Thank you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74647

Welcome on board. The idea to buy a kit and the body separately is a good option. Like the capri has a standard wheelebase, you can buy all the touring chassis and a capri body but surely you'll need large wheeles or /and ways extenders like long wheeles hex.

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74648

• Dafino
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thank you, yes that is what puts me off getting things seperately. I DID see this on eBay today. Is this a good deal?

www.ebay.com/it...LqDYMvS_fQ

I was thinking I could buy the WURTH body at a later date then, so I have the best of both worlds

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74649

I don't know usa prices but for me it's too expensive. ( for the France prices) . You could search a lightly hopuped but used chassis and buy a wurth capri. My favorite one. A used chassis is cheaper than a new one. Tt01 and tt02 are basic chassis and need some options like bearings and probably hydraulic shocks.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74650

Thank you, yes that is what puts me off getting things seperately. I DID see this on eBay today. Is this a good deal?

rover.ebay.com/...LqDYMvS_fQ

That auction is for an RTR (Ready to Run complete with radio and electronics).  It is actually a decent price all things considered.  Looks in excellent shape.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74653

• Dafino
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Just needs a battery a charger form what I read. So what is the cost of those? I'm guessing ~$50 each?

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 1 week ago #74666

As a Capri fanatic I'm glad to see someone choosing the Zakspeed Capri as their first Tamiya car 
And welcome btw.

Capri using the short wheelbase of the TT02 setup 252 vs 257wb, but other than that you can fit most of the Tamiya bodies on that chassis as Tamiya keep the body post location the same for pretty much of all their bodies.

Yep a computer charger and a battery will set you back about 50 dollars each depending what you find.
The local hobby shop should be able to hook you up on something that works.

I have 3 bodies to still to do, but 2 of them as kit, last one is fitted to a vintage TA02 chassis (I have a thread on that).

If you want other options of livery, MCI racing has several ones for the Zakspeed Capri including Mampe (like my avatar) and B&W to name a few.
My goal is to have all the liveries in my collection 
MCI racing is located in Canada so shipping should be fast to your door. They have heaps of other ones for vintage cars as well.

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 6 days ago #74677

• Dafino
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thank you Hog!

I, like you, intend to eventually have all the liveries, so I appreciate knowing where to get the liveries.I'll be sure to check out the thread!

Finally, is there a better place to get bodies then eBay?
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

New member from USA. Looking for a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri to get into the hobby! 1 year 6 days ago #74679

L&L Models in UK is the best place.
Not in stock now but when they are in, stock goes fast, so be sure to check regularly regarding in stock
landlmodels.co....2881868843

Other than that there is the Team C Zakspeed body.
To me it seems like a copy of the Tamiya body. But it states 258wb. Might be a typo.
These are in stock.
www.asiatees.co...5895&pid=1
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Dafino

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.