Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13726

Ooo big workshop!
Be warned, the more space you have, the more tedious it is to move stuff about to get to the bench once you've filled it up....
I've got a 14'x8' brick shed, a 16'x9' concrete sectional garage AND a whole spare room in the house to work on my hobbies, they're all full & spilling over into the living room & kitchen! I currently have to drag 2x bikes out of the way to get INTO my workshop! (& if I didn't, I'd probably just buy more & fill up the spare space too!).
I'm down to 1.5 worktops for preparing food in the kitchen, the others are filled with solvent containers, paint, paint-prep stuff, moulding stuff & caterpillar "houses". I cleared half a worktop last week by selling 2x vices & an industrial pump! There's still a nursery path/grass spraying machine, a box of industrial valve actuators & a pile of scrap wood in my living room!
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13729

...oh & a boat in the living room, under the stairs. There was a cooker too, but I sold that last week

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13731

:laugh:
Andy, Felicitationsss. Very nice. I have only a cupboard at home to work on my rcs. My tools are on the wall. By luck, I have my bedroom at my parents wich is used to stock my militaria and my RC'S collection. Sorry Mom. I drive her crazy :blush: . She can't put a foot in my room. And I don't live with since 6 or 7 years ago... You can see some picts on one of my topics... :silly: :blink: :blush: :whistle: :pinch:

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13739

Thanks all, it has been a lot of work and sacrifice to get here but well worth it.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13741

Ooo big workshop!
Be warned, the more space you have, the more tedious it is to move stuff about to get to the bench once you've filled it up....
I've got a 14'x8' brick shed, a 16'x9' concrete sectional garage AND a whole spare room in the house to work on my hobbies, they're all full & spilling over into the living room & kitchen! I currently have to drag 2x bikes out of the way to get INTO my workshop! (& if I didn't, I'd probably just buy more & fill up the spare space too!).
I'm down to 1.5 worktops for preparing food in the kitchen, the others are filled with solvent containers, paint, paint-prep stuff, moulding stuff & caterpillar "houses". I cleared half a worktop last week by selling 2x vices & an industrial pump! There's still a nursery path/grass spraying machine, a box of industrial valve actuators & a pile of scrap wood in my living room!

Haha, you sound like my neighbour :0 I should proberly say that this is a 63m2 space attached to the back of my garage which is also 63m2 so I have plenty of space, the house is for bedrooms and relaxing :) it probably needs to be said that i'm a bit of a neat freak too lol.....;;

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13742

Very nice workshop. I'm even more jealous now. My shed is about 6 sq metres and completely stuffed with bikes, gardening equipment and odd bits of wood.

By the way, I love this picture with the dog looking quizzically up at you on the roof :laugh:

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13743

To night I picked up the materials for the shelves under the workbenches and hope fully tomorrow night i'll start installing them.

Attachments:

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13775

Out of all the weird space-filling stories I know, the best is probably a mate Dave. He's currently "fixing" bikes (Fixing being loose terminology), & has filled his bungalow completely with bike-related stuff. There's so much in the loft there now that the ceiling in one of the rooms has collapsed from the weight above it, & there's so much stuff piled up in his back garden that he's taken to BURYING it to make more room!
He was telling me that shortly after he left the army, he got evicted from his previous house - apparently neighbours were becoming alarmed at the apparent ceiling/floor heights as viewed through his windows, & an inspector was called. I'd have loved to have seen that poor bloke's face when he discovered the entire upstairs area of the house was being used for storing LIVE ammunition! We're not just talking bullets here either - Dave says he had shells, motors, grenedes & other large rounds up there too! Seeing the state of his current house, I can well believe it!

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13874

Out of all the weird space-filling stories I know, the best is probably a mate Dave. He's currently "fixing" bikes (Fixing being loose terminology), & has filled his bungalow completely with bike-related stuff. There's so much in the loft there now that the ceiling in one of the rooms has collapsed from the weight above it, & there's so much stuff piled up in his back garden that he's taken to BURYING it to make more room!
He was telling me that shortly after he left the army, he got evicted from his previous house - apparently neighbours were becoming alarmed at the apparent ceiling/floor heights as viewed through his windows, & an inspector was called. I'd have loved to have seen that poor bloke's face when he discovered the entire upstairs area of the house was being used for storing LIVE ammunition! We're not just talking bullets here either - Dave says he had shells, motors, grenedes & other large rounds up there too! Seeing the state of his current house, I can well believe it!

I definitely dont gather to much stuff, drives me nuts :silly: it seem's that every week I put the bin out and i've half filled it crap I don't need to have anymore :ohmy: I do however love to rejuvenate old things and either use them or sell them on :woohoo:

Re: My new workshop 11 years 6 months ago #13875

So the shelves worked out sweet "so stoked!" gave the shop a good clean after, now have all my bench space and some organization.
still need to take some cleaned up pic's, so all the benches have shelves now (just haven't taken pics of them all)

oh and my wife planking to test them lol....

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.