Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Radio testing board 2 years 8 months ago #67551

Having had a DOA radio (at least dying in the weeks between it arriving and me using it … or maybe before :whistle: ) I want to test any sets as soon as they arrive. 

Apparently, servo testers are another thing I’ll have to add to my list of things I just can’t keep hold of/lose very easily – and the battery pack attached to them :blink:

Add in needing to find batteries for the TX, and servos to test the RX & it can become really tedious. 

I thought if I put them all together on some sort of board (rather than in a dedicated tub :whistle: ),  I’d have a greater chance of finding the kit when I need it next. 

I started by marking up a bit of 3mm styrene sheet for points to screw the servos to… predictably enough one of the threads failed immediately. I could helicoil all the holes, but I don’t plan to swap them out so a simple nut should add enough security.

I had planned to have provision for 8 AA cells on the left hand edge, but the 14mm holes would have to touch to make it fit – so a more balanced 4 at each end of the servo array looks almost like I planned it ;)

Board in “stowed” position … the elastic band around the 4xAA holder cried freedom just before I took the photo :whistle:

Testing a used radio (with 4 channel TX, despite the 6 channel RX) … handles on the ends & some sort of hi-vis striping on the edge are a possibility :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Radio testing board 2 years 8 months ago #67552

Nice.

I store such things in the yellow box storage you can see in the background of my workbench pictures.
To make it a bit easier I have labeled one box for new AA batteries and another for half used ones.
For me it made it a lot easier to find things.
Before I had to rummage through all my stuff..
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.