Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2941

anyone succesfully used this stuff in any of their model making expeditions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2942

anyone succesfully used this stuff in any of their model making expeditions?

I read up on it & was a bit concerend by its seeming lack of permanance & the cost ... I think of it as a form of plasticine that sets hard - with the same limitations - you can't use tools on it, you can't paint it, etc ...

I use Milliput epoxy putty instead, which once you've mixed the two sorts of putty also behaves like plasticine, but can be wetted & smoothed, and once it's set can be sawn, filed, sanded, drilled, tapped, and painted ... and costs about 75% less :)

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2944

are you looking at the same stuff? this is hard as nails when cured, can be drilled,filed tapped and painted, and......its cheap as chips :huh:

www.ebay.co.uk/...45f5a59c76

Last edit: by agemax.

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2947

are you looking at the same stuff? this is hard as nails when cured, can be drilled,filed tapped and painted, and......its cheap as chips :huh:

www.ebay.co.uk/...45f5a59c76

That's a much better price than I've seen before - but even having read the PDF linked in that listing, I'm still not seeing anything other than hand moulding ... and "can be coloured" implies dye to me, not paint ... looks like it could be very useful for making mould though - I may get some & try my hand at Vintage Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy gears :)

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2949

i have got some, although not used it in anger yet, cuz i dont know what to use it for! but it is really cool stuff. got it from the local model shop today. it really is tough when cured and i tried a drill and tap and reckon it could work for certain applications.
cant see why it cant be painted. will have a experiment tomorrow

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2950

i have got some, although not used it in anger yet, cuz i dont know what to use it for! but it is really cool stuff. got it from the local model shop today. it really is tough when cured and i tried a drill and tap and reckon it could work for certain applications.
cant see why it cant be painted. will have a experiment tomorrow

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on - Milliput does have drawbacks - it's time consuming to mix & sticks to everything while you do it ...

Re: polymorph thermoplastic 12 years 6 months ago #2951

this stuff is awesome. ready to use in about a minute, mould it, use it to mould something, whatever, then let it cool. it is like a solid lump of plastic when cold.
trouble is i cant think what to do with it lol

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.