Keyword

TOPIC:

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50713

60$? That a nice find. What extras came with it? Forget the brushes get a 12 or 24 volt electric motor like used on a moped. Continuous run time

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50714

Hey!
As for extras, there were the regular basic lathe bits, face plate, dog, chuck mount, centers, tool holder etc. Plus there was the slow speed attachment, the table saw attachment, some odds and ends of tooling and the threading attachment with a few thread pitches. Kind of a strange affair, sort of a thread patterning thing really but I guess it worked well enough but I have yet to try it. I could not believe my luck on that one. I paid way more for my original lathe so many years ago, plus all the extra bits I picked up. However when I parted with it, that covered the cost of the mini lathe and mill so....
Thanks for the tip about the DC motor, the original A/C one runs fine but they are way too fast and yes they get hot. I always ran my old one with a speed controller. Speaking of that what are you controlling your motor with?
You know, now that I think of it I might have one of those motors attached to a kids scooter out in the shed...hmmmm...I really should look into that, they are just so handy to have on the bench. :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50715

Hey,
I found a picture of the old Logan when I first started taking it apart, I had already washed off most of the " Patina " so it looked a sight better than when it came home. It had about 3 different paint jobs over its life! Basically it came apart down to the old desk it was on then as it was cleaned and refinished it was reassembled on the new table I built for it. It weighs about 550 pounds so there is some heavy steel channel under the table top to support it, its just not the sort of thing that you just push around the shop...:) A good project though and should last another lifetime with proper care. Just like old Tamiya's, its always good to bring an old one back from the grave.

.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Last edit: by oldwilly.

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50717

Woohoo. A very nice work for the resto willy. I like this purple blue.

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50724

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Here's muh new tool.

Well, that's a vacuum you might think. Indeed... but the reason I got it is the blow function. Handy to clean your computer - and perhaps RC should I ever get to driving again.

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50726

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Not too shabby for 49 euro, shipping included. It can vacuum wet stuff too, should that ever be necessary. But it'll most definitely save on cans of air duster.

B)

Last edit: by Edou.

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50727

Woohoo. A very nice work for the resto willy. I like this purple blue.

Thanks man,
The place I work at was formerly a Komatsu equipment dealer and the color is an old stock one called Komatsu Blueberry from back when their machines were purple and green. There was a NOS 4 liter can they wanted to get rid of a few years ago so it came home with me. It is a very tough industrial enamel, I have used it for a few things now my bench vice, lathe / mill cart, big lathe, garden tiller....you could say it is my shop color. I don't know what I will do when I run out of it.:)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50730

Not too shabby for 49 euro, shipping included. It can vacuum wet stuff too, should that ever be necessary. But it'll most definitely save on cans of air duster.

B)

You can argue at anything with a blow function for 49 euros ;).

I have a wet vac at home, its invaluable.Especially with kids :whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63

It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50731

I do like that colour actually. I was very tempted to repaint mine as its been knocked about. I really wanted to get using it after i'd give it a clean and flattened the ways though. Maybe i'll give it a better restoration in the future.

Re:It's tool time! 5 years 10 months ago #50732

Ah Nilfisk got this one a couple of weeks ago. No vac just to wetclean. Not so laut as that squeaky yellow brand.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Purple_rob

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.