TOPIC:

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50752

Finally I have a real minidrill.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50753

Nice choice, Flo!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50756

An absolutely must have tool. I couldn’t do without my dremel.

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50759

Thanks guys. I had several drills but never a dremel. Only at work. All are dead. And my last one, a lidl is too light. I can stop the motor by pouncing a metal plate....this dremel is what I need :p

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50760

I highly recommend one of these too...
Attachments:

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50764

Dude!!! Nice. Thanks rob.

It's tool time! 5 years 9 months ago #50765

I have the fast lock system
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Purple_rob

It's tool time! 5 years 8 months ago #51346

This was my "big" Christmas present - an air brush kit compromising compressor with 3L tank, hose + gravity fed & suction fed airbrushes.

:)

Bit of an update, the compressor continues to work well, and my collection of associated bits (especially jars) continues to grow. Both the airbrushes shown in the pic are gone, the lowermost one went on eBay unused (the buyer wanted to return it as after using it, apparently it had paint on the inside :whistle:, eBay sided with them so despite the buyer never actually sending it back, eBay sided with them so I lost the money and the airbrush :S).

The topmost one has been the one I used most - but it's always sounded like a Doodlebug (pulse jet), and has always been fussy to use (especially to get paint flow started), and has never really sprayed at a decent rate, regardless of air pressure and needle/nozzle size, even when "cheating" the needle way back... I lost patience with it completely when doing the Mini, so apart from a few bits scavenged for spares, it's gone for recycling.

In it's place is one of the below - I already have a red one that works quite nicely, and between that & the relative dearth of "cheap" siphon airbrushes (I'd say 95% on them on ebay are top feed now, 3-4% are side inlet) it looked like a good option. I'll probably change the needle/nozzle from the standard 0.35 to something a bit wider.

The price stung a bit compared to what imports like this used to be, rule #11 prohibits me from speculating as to why, but there was a 30% jump on most toys just over 2 years ago :whistle:, and another 30% very recently :s

Seeing this pic reminds me - I must put up a couple of hooks it the places I use for airbrushing ...

It's tool time! 5 years 8 months ago #51353

I have the same compressor. And it works very well. I had to replace the tank and a friend customised it because I brocke a piece. But the motor works fine.

It's tool time! 5 years 8 months ago #51364

Looks a superb set up Jonny.

A couple of bits I have that make the whole airbrushing thing better...

Highly recommend these:

and this

I also have one of these and just purchased another. My sealey airbrush is good and I cannot recall the needle size, but its definitely too small for most of my jobs.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.