Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72665

Fellow RC enthusiast,
I have been building a rerelease Bruiser and now the rerelease Mountain Rider. I can't figure out the purpose for the Y5 part (see screenshot attached). What is the purpose? And why does it have two differently sized stubs that fit into two differently sizes holes?

Just curious,
Cheers
MetalMaxx
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72666

Fellow RC enthusiast,
I have been building a rerelease Bruiser and now the rerelease Mountain Rider. I can't figure out the purpose for the Y5 part (see screenshot attached). What is the purpose? And why does it have two differently sized stubs that fit into two differently sizes holes?

Just curious,
Cheers
MetalMaxx

My guess is it's meant to be reinforcement. It fell off my Bruiser so apparently that area can get hit 

It's not a separate bit on the HG P407, it's part of the moulding - on the outside. 

TBH the pips - and the part itself - seem to be the sort of pointless complication that's seen on a lot of plastic model kits. More parts + more complication = better value higher price

:)

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72667

Haven't this part on my bruiser mountaineer 

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72672

Thanks Jonny :-) seems to be that way. I bit sobering though ;-)

Last edit: by MetalMaxx.

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72674

I remember having the same question when I built mine.  I first I thought that the original 58028 Toyota Pickup or the original 58048 Bruiser used those holes for mounting the front license plate, but it actually looks like they had a different front grille part altogether.  The bumper was integral to the grille part back then, not a separate Y11 part like now.

So in short, I don't know either.
The following user(s) Liked this: MetalMaxx

Bruiser / Mountain Rider Y5 part - why is it there? :-) 1 year 6 months ago #72696

ts-15 is the blue paint. maby that color wil help?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.