Keyword

TOPIC:

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42561

first trouble, the 1992 Jeep isn't the same as Tamiya's 1994 Jeep, for starters, on the movie the door latches were lower on the doors, (in fact, on your pictures you put a 1992 Jeep, compare it with the tamiya one) there is also the fog light mount moulded on Tamiya body, but no prob because there would be where the winch would be mounted, now I tried to sand the body for first layer of primer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42568

:) You have different doors when you have the bikini and when you have the hard top ;). Maybe they are differents.
Full metal doors with the hard top and half hard doors or no doors with soft top or bikini

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42588

I see, so either a lot of mods or make a pseudo hybrid with hard top... The big bummer is getting the K clear parts, they are either pricey or non-existent, but found that if I get a pajero rally I can make a working wrangler! so perhaps I bite the bullet...

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42596

... The big bummer is getting the K clear parts, they are either pricey or non-existent...

:huh: Seidel have them in stock at 5.49 EUR (+ post) ? - www.modellbau-s...st=9115062 .

:)

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42611

got them (also a couple spare pinions to up it over the minimum price limit) I think I got them. Ich nich spratche Deutch...

Also, ouch, primed the body, it looked nice, applied silver spray an it looks like a preening snake, but only on half bonnet :pinch: Only I can suppose is that something got there after priming that doesn't agree with the silver colour, I suppose I can always sand that part later, ensure it's nice and clean and the repaint it.

Last edit: by Dash_Crash.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42612

good news, the flacking had limited to one half of the bonnet due to different paint on priming and colour painting, so long it was on a non oven curated area, so it only affected a small section, I sanded and repainted it and now it looks good.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42627

lastly, had been experiencing troubles with image uploads, here's the wrangler body on it's two main colours, had to use imagination due a lack of proper hard topped wranglers on Jurassic Park, but guesstimation told me this how it would look. yes, phone sucks for this, too.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42628

Doesn't look so bad

Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Jurassic Park" 7 years 1 month ago #42735

just ordered the chassis, finally it was a Pajero rally sport (because that way I ensure to have every bit for the wrangler) unless the wind shield, that I can craft with clear plastic and black paint, oh yes, also got Jurassic Park stickers for the doors. :silly: so, this is a go!

Pinion for cc01? 7 years 1 month ago #42885

Found on my spares a brand new 20 z pinion in ALU, obviously when I saw that I can equip it on my cc01 wrangler project said why not but from another point of view, I can't help it but wonder if will be too much for the car that ATM is ballraced, standard mabuchi silvercan (brushed). Would it be too much?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.