Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R drift shell 6 years 7 months ago #45813

Most of my restauration projects are Subaru shells, but i like the Skyline R32 too.
This one was laying around in a friends garage, in a stack of used shells.
I told him i could do something with that lovely model, and he just gave it to me.

Led lights in the front and rear, and blue neon at the sides. And the front light buckets were smoked and exuiped with angel eyes.

The shell itself wasn't damaged, but the window decals were torn and wrinkeled, so they had to leave.
At some places the white paint came to far on the windows. That's removed with Revell Paint Remover later.
I also gave it a good cleanup and polished it.

I was gonna use this on my drift chassis, so i reinforced it around with gyproc tape and Bison Rubber Repair.

Here i painted the black lines around the windows. And i couldn't withstand adding graphic decals at the sides before the paintwork was done.

Determine the shape of the windows is very easy with paper and a pencil. Remark some paper rolls at the foreground.
That are the front and read windows and the front-side window. I also added black vinyl and some decals at the bonnet.

A few steps ahead now, because the body is already done here. The graphics at the sides come from a Matrixline touring car sheet. I also used some stripes from that sheet on the bonet and the roof. The logo's are from Sha_do Graphics and Faceworx decal sheets. Here it stands next to a friends GT-R under a Ebisu Circuit style shelter.

More pictures of the result can be found in my showroom.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gumpie22B.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.