Keyword

TOPIC:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47093

Original body mounting pillars reduced by 3mm

New holes drilled for the nylon mounts

And thats the mount fitted leaving the original body mounting holes still useable :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47094

I then cut two 30mm lenghts of M3 threaded bar and screwed on the ball end connectors to make two pivot arms and fitted them, its starting to look ok :)

Then steering arms refitted and thats as far as i can go until shocks are sorted

The last couple of pics make the tracking look miles out but it not haha, so far i am more than happy with how it sits and looks, when i fit the shock i shall also try it with the top mount in its original intended position as well, just to see if the geometry has been compromised to much, and have a rethink if it is :unsure:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47095

great work . the only thing the stops me doing this on my lunchy is the durability of the 3D printed parts :dry:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47096

Amazing.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47097

great work . the only thing the stops me doing this on my lunchy is the durability of the 3D printed parts :dry:

I know your what you mean about the 3D parts, but this stuff is laser melted out of a block of nylon type powder rather than printed, it actually feels very strong and is very nearly as hard to drill/cut as the original parts.
And to be honest with you, by the time this project is finished to a position where i want it at, it could well only be a light runner thats if makes it past becoming my first "shelf queen" :) :) :)

Thought this might make you smile, my xmas tree :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47098

I know they are sintered parts. but even if its nylon they will always be more brittle than the original parts. i think i will go for FX10 mod someday .

PS: Awesome tree B)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47099

I know they are sintered parts. but even if its nylon they will always be more brittle than the original parts. i think i will go for FX10 mod someday .

PS: Awesome tree B)

When i first decided to do this project i did contemplate the FX10 Futaba mod, see here tamiyabase.com/...ello#46931
I was put off by the fact that you have to remove the two front shock supports, and seeing as this is my first build followed by mod i thought the printed route was the way to go, i also wanted to keep this looking as hopperish as possible :)

PS I thought i had discussed the FX10 etc in this thread, realising i havnt i will put a link at the begining of this thread back to my original re-re build n discussions on how best to mod it and why i wanted to it :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Tobiwahnknobi

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47100

Seeing as i have come to a temporary standstill on the front end i can now do a re mod of the mod on the back end
Going to have fun playing with the shock positioning once ive fitted this bad boy from Ansmann racing :)

Attachments:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47101

The Funny Part is , as they were ordered in Shen Zen by ansmann they were insolvent already so they never got delivered to ansmann.;)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 2 months ago #47105

The Funny Part is , as they were ordered in Shen Zen by ansmann they were insolvent already so they never got delivered to ansmann.;)

I had no idea about that but luckily for us someone got their hands on them, tho no idea how much is still out there for availability, and of course the prices will be inflated unfortunately i expect Tobi :( So i recon i should be glad i got hold of the bits i did :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.