Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - Red 4 years 3 days ago #59074

Flo, here is the reason why I won't dismantle this chassis, it's mint!!
Minus those parts which were missing ofcourse.
I think I know what happend.
This red body and wheels was used with the chassis from the white car, and when things broke, it was robbed from this chassis.
Hence looking mint, but missing parts.

All tese bolts is now replace by cap head bolts.
Size is 2.6x8 and 2.6x12

The side body mounts bolts where mangled, not a fat chance any screwdriver would bite into these.
Thankfully these stuck out a little from the bode so I were able to remove them with a pair of pliers

Rear shocks was next.
Turned out the replacement springs were the same as already fitted, but wrong springs had been installed up front.

Rebuilt. These are pogo shocks, so no oil here...
Front is the same but with one spacer less pr shock than the rears. (Rear is fitted with two spacers)

Gearbox next.
This vehicle was just fitted with a empty casing, and one broken diff was in the bottom of box.
I was able to hack the diff together for now, but I really need a new one for the gearbox to work as the teeth are damaged.
The old diff was fitted so the driveshafts are not flopping around any more.
Beside the items pictured below, the spare screwbox contained all bearings needed, so I belive the bearings belong to this gearbox in the first place.

Old parts that was included with this project.

The only new parts that was needed to make the gearbox complete.

Gearbox complete.
Motor was still new inside wrapping, so don't think this had a motor installed at all.
Some screws on the GT01 is allen key, so why Tamiya did not bother to make all the hardware allen key fitment is a bit comfusing.

Gearbox fitted

For some reason the rear bodymount is a bit wonky, don't know why as it is straight when pulled off the chassis.
I later englarged the holes in the cage so the mount have some adjustment, now the body sit straight.

That means the chassis is now complete, minus one bolt and a shaft missing.

And I love the bodytuck on the sides when the side body mounts is installed.
Like the real deal!

Need to source a few bolts, a shaft and a nut and this chassis is complete and done.
It will then be moved over the white body when that is finished along the nicer wheels that is now fitted to the white car.
The white one will then be a shelf car and this red body and the used chassis from the white one will be my runner.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - Red 4 years 3 days ago #59076

Woohaoo. Lovely

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - Red 4 years 2 days ago #59095

Did a small trip to my LHS today for bits I forgot to order.

Ofcourse I bought wrong type of screw (self tapper insted of machine screw) so I had to search in my M3 cap head/counter sunk storage bin for the screw needed.
Bolts from storage bin to the left and to the right the bolts'n nuts that came with my two Countach projects. Mostly M2.6 size

And the reason for searching my storage box was to fit cap bolts to the C-hub.
Had to fit a extra washer as I only found 2.6x6 and the right size for this is 2.6x5

Also swapped over the wheels from the runner chassis to this chassis.
These are much much better than the ones that were fitted.

As you may notice, this corner also have the wrong size bolt fitted to be able to fit the wheel to the chassis.
So if anyone happens to have a M2.6x20 cap head bolt laying around, feel free to send it to me ;) :laugh:

The only plastic bit I'm missing is the E3 spacer that goes between the top of gearbox to the shock tower.
For now I'm using a aluminium spacer to take up the space.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.