Keyword

TOPIC:

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 6 days ago #65693

To turn, probably... Now, that being said, we should probably test on the speed and other factors, as it may have some impacts, and it would sound logical spikes are better for turn, as they give more grip, but less efficient in straight lines (because of higher grip)... Utimately, tires are always a question of compromise :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 6 days ago #65696

Yep. I never did competitions. I am a too poor pilot :D 
micro spikes aren't very efficient on the grass IMO. Too slipy for me. I have them on my dt02. Try to find front dyna storm tires. They are lined and spikes. And born with star dish rims.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 6 days ago #65703

I saw those line & spikes front tire, but there were not in inventory when I looked for them. So I took the same as the racing fighter as they were in inventory... I take note for next time...

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 6 days ago #65706

Super astute . Look on the bay.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 6 days ago #65707

I may do that... On the other side, this is for a Hornet 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 10 months ago #67006

The "race" was yesterday.

In the morning, I took benefit of the free track time to get my setup in order. Another try with the 2.2 inches wheel convinced me to get back to the original 1.5 inch rims with their tires.... The buggy is much easier to control this way.  Had a lot of fun within the day with all the cars I came with (Hornet, Super Hotshot, Turbo Scorpion), while my son was alternating runs with the Lunchbox and with the Super Storm Dragon.

The race was later in the afternoon. It was lot of fun, I won't say anything more, so in case you come to a next edition, you'll have that fun too. In short, It was fun, and it would have been good if someone did not pushed me out in the first turn :-D (I don't think it was because my car was not visible enough, perhaps it was too much visible, actually :-D). My son had an agreement with his sister to run the Lunchbox for the race, but with the Barbapapa's body. He did much better than I did, and he was probably not far from the podium... 

Now I have to do all the repairs for next edition. both the Lunchbox and the Super Storm Dragon took it hard, all the more so as my daughter joined us in the late afternoon for the free track fun (her fist run on a track). In short, lot of funs, and something we'll redo for sure (but after the maintenance work :-D.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 10 months ago #67007

And I even took the time to do a short vid
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 10 months ago #67008

Genial!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 10 months ago #67009

Looks like great fun. I wish there was a track or somewhere to run the RC's near me. Its car parks and possibly an old bmx track  (I still have to check it out) 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 10 months ago #67022

It was definitely a lot of fun... You should check around your place if there is any club or track. I'm glad I did, as it is indeed really fun to get on the track with others and to race... Specially with rigid axles :-D...

And meeting the people there, I got highlighted there was a few other tracks around. I will see another one next week-end where some local people are used to go for running....

That being said, I guess the cars which were resent there are not the usual crowd on a normal track on a normal day. I tend to prefer vintage/re-release cars for the look and the realism... So not sure how it will be on a normal day...

And lessons learnt from the week-end
- you need a full set of tools, screws and furniture with you (one the guy broke a servo and an esc at another time),
- if I want to run the Lunchbox, I need first to supply my kids one for each, otherwise there is absolutely no way I'm getting my hands on it,
- going for the first real run with a kit you just mounted is fun: at some point, the Super Hotshot stopped on the track with no reaction anymore: the reason was the pinion was not properly fixed
- the one single screw you forgot to put the loctite on will remind you its existence during the run
- I love the Turbo Scorpion, it runs smooth, and it is nice on the track (and it's quite solid)
- I ordered the Super Hotshot in March because I wanted a 4WD kit awaiting for the Kyosho 4WD legendary series to become available again. I liked the look, but never saw any running before I got mine on the track... And I really like it. And my son loves it too (he's already hinting he would like one :-)
- can't wait for my next runs on a track. And my kids are also asking for this. This is addictive!
- last is about the damage. To be honest, with my son's driving style, I was quite happy with the minimal damages
  1. Lunchbox / one body mount broken : will print a few sets of those later on
  2. Lunchbox / steering rod bended on one side : I will bend it differently, that's it
  3. Super Storm Dragon / one rear body mount broken. Again will print a few set of those
  4. Super Storm Dragon / body has taken it hard on the side of the broken body mount. there is a cut on the rear side. I will find a way to reinforce it.
  5. Hornet : Nothing to declare
  6. Turbo Scorpion : Nothing to declare
  7. Super Hotshot : lost a screw, replaced it.
Great fun, damage close to anecdotical, that was a great event. Looking forward for the next edition :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.