Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 11 months ago #65785

Thanks Johnny... Seems I feel like home here, as this forum is actually feeding a lot of ideas to my mind
I take note, I'll insert this in my next cutting activity (probably when I'll build the Super HotShot)...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 11 months ago #65787

Thanks! Definitely look into making some...
Viva la e po' bom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 11 months ago #65809

Painted the second Lexan body for the Lunchbox... Still undecided if I paint the hard body or not...

I did not have dark gun metal ps paint, so I improvised with Translucent silver and black paint... I'm very happy with the result, even though it is not exactly like the one that inspirate the design...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 11 months ago #65815

One man once said "I like when a plan comes together" 
Lovely job.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66295

Finally, it is a finalized project...

and here is pics with the 3 bodies

The Barbapapa's one seems to be the favorite of internet. Thanks Flo for the great idea again :-D

I forgot to report, but I installed dampers few weeks ago. It doesn't change much to the behavior, but it is now possible to get the truck running efficiently with the trigger fully pulled. To race with it, you just have to think about one thing : still keep some speed to be able to turn, as if the car stop and you have to pull the trigger again, the wheels won't be on the ground, so turn is not possible :-D.

The kit is finalized now, that means I have not additional part to include in it from the kit. Few upgrades are still planned :
- Chassis reinforcement with some braces between shocks fixations
- 5th damper
- wheelie bar improvements

In anycase, the Lunchbox is one of my favorites when it comes to run in the garden. Most other cars need the grass to be cut short. It doesn't which means it can run almost anytime, and that is great for a bit of fun after a difficult work day :).

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66322

The lunchy is addictive. It's one of my favourite to. And able to run everywhere. From a parking to a bmx or skate park.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66424

Hello!

My son tried the Lunchbox on the track the other day. The result is he wants one Lunchbox, or an equivalent chassis. While we went back from the track, in the car, I discussed with him and told him there is also the Midnight Pumpkin using the same chassis.... That was sunday...

Apparently, he searched over internet in the evening yesterday 

This morning, he told me at the breakfast he prefers a Midnight Pumpkin as it would be a very good base to build Martin from Disney's "Cars". My wife and I found the idea excellent... This won't be for now, but more for later... In the meantime, he will learn how to use the printer to build the hook. That being said, I'm quite sure the most difficult thing for this will be the paint. I saw one thread from Jonny with some ideas that could be of use, but if someone can route me to an article or a video how to give rusted aspect to a body, it would be helpful, as I would provide the links to my son, so he can learn new things :-D (nb: he is not that good in English to post here directly, but, in the next years, he will be probably :-D).

Thanks!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66425

... if someone can route me to an article or a video how to give rusted aspect to a body, it would be helpful...

Thanks!

tamiyabase.com/...ray-method :)
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66426

Excellent!
Thanks. I'll drop this link to my son :-)

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 2 years 10 months ago #66427

Excellent idea a midnight. Now tamiya declined several versions of the cw01. But lunch and midnight are the nicest.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.