Keyword

TOPIC:

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 4 months ago #69402

Hmm, I like that idea.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 1 year 9 months ago #72101

58336 - The Hornet
So I wanted another buggy that I could happily use as a basic runner, and picked up The Hornet a few months ago, or was it last year.  Finally got round to starting it.  Not much really to detail,  this will just be a fairly standard build as don't plan on spending much on upgrades (so no, i'm not getting that aluminium chassis).  So far only change is swapping to ball bearings.  At a later stage I may swap out the front friction shocks for oil shocks.  Will get more pics later as it progresses.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Ducksnuts. Reason: typo

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 1 year 7 months ago #72609

Finished up the Hornet.  No build pics.  Also got the paint done, and started on the decals.  Not a fan of loooong decals, that are in multiple pieces.

Painting didn't quite go as planned.  The Anodised Aluminium (PS48 from memory) was a bit weird.  Either i didn't shake it enough, or warm the can enough, or both, but it came out very 'wet' and a lot of solvent at first.  This ran everywhere, and even dissolved some of the black paint.  On the upside, it actually looks like some weathering around the edges where the black has 'faded' and the silver showing through.

Also took some inspiration from a couple of the cars in AusAndy's vintage RC video, where the rear spoiler was left unpainted and just decals applied.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Ducksnuts.

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 1 year 7 months ago #72636

The unpainted wings are an old racers trick, Because the cars crash the wings of course take a battering and the paint can quickly crack and chip. So to keep them looking realitively nice they left them unpainted :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 1 year 6 months ago #72661

That makes perfect sense!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.