Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 12 years 2 days ago #8898

Well they do build Crawler ESC nowadays with decent working dragbrake

Yip, they sure do... Without my dragbrake feature, I would be lost. Just to give you an indication, on a downhill slope, without dragbrake, the CR-01 just runs away, but with the dragbrake, it stops on a 60 degree incline - no rolling...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 12 years 1 day ago #8911

No such problems with my TXT, let go the throttle & it stops wherever you put it, it's only the amount of grip you can get that limits the amount of movement on steep slopes. Hasn't got the ground clearance to climb onto the sofa yet, it needs some bigger wheels. Really must get it finished...

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 12 years 1 day ago #8914

I'm really interested to see pics of your TXT, is you got. Upload them onto here if you like.

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9015

Had sometime to sort out my 4WS on the CR01.

This is not the servo I'm using, just one I had lying around. I used the channel mixing feature on the DX3S. I plugged the servo into the "aux" channel and mixed that with the steering channel. Now I can set from 0 - 100% mixing, giving me zero to 100% rear steering. And if I set the mixing to -100%, I get crab steering.

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9024

There are a couple of pics of my TXT in my gallery, but it's a "work in progress" - There are a couple of issues with it that need addressing still, but I just haven't found time to get back onto it. plan is to do a strip & rebuild once it's right & do a build thread on it. Trouble is, my brain keeps finding more interesting stuff to do first!
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9035

That thing looks killer. I think you must definitely strip it down and do a build thread about it. I can't wait to see details on that hydraulic system. Never seen one so small.

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9042

The hydraulics are all scratch built (Home machined bits) as are the diff-lock bits & adaptors to mate the 3-speed to the TXT gearbox (There's some looney reduction there...). Torque is stupendous, I'm surprised it hasn't broken anything in the axles yet!

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9227

Update...

My postbox contained a little gift today. I finally got my reinforced driveshafts and diff lock kits (part number 54108)

Unpacked and here are the contents

And now the long process of striping the diff down to replace the internals...

The original internals

The replacements

And well, the result is no more rocking back and forth. And a much stronger drivetrain.

Last addition is this Yeah Racing roof rack with 4 spot lights.

I'll go get some LEDs for the roof rack and install them soon.

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9234

Nice... and thanks for showing the details. Always like to see that stuff a lot. :) :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: CR-01 FJ40 with hop-ups 11 years 11 months ago #9235

Thanks Edou, I quite like doing a step by step guide, But most of the time I get so excited I forget the photos and just build the part at hand. And before you know it, I've finished the model, and only have a hand full of photo's to show for it.

I will be building a Clodbuster crew cab mounted on a TA02 custom chassis soon. That is going to be my first step by step build guide, and I'm going to be very detailed with the process. So keep an eye out for it...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.