Keyword

TOPIC:

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38052

For some time I've been meaning to create a Ranger (I know, I need to get on with it before the inevitable re-release version appears) so have been gathering together bits towards that end - Blackfoot III body, H parts (tailgate & sunroof), G parts (windscreen), J parts (grille), vintage blackfoot driver, Pajero wheelie wheels & tyres, homemade front bosy post extension, MCI racing decals, and shapeways Ford hood letters:

I'll make my own letters for the tailgate, & hope to cut the wrong grille out of the front end, replacing it with a home made one closer to the original:

Extra holes on the bonnet (hood) are easy enough to deal with (though I'm not 100% sure the central one is in the right place?).

Rear load bed cover is a complete mess after the moulds have been used on so many cars (Ranger, Blackfoot, Super Blackfoot & Blackfoot III) so there's a lot of work to do there... What should be there is a single bodymount hole (I'm hoping the rear most of the two on the centreline is correct?) a big rectangular hole for the on/off switch forward of that, and a slot for the metal whip antenna at the rear (possibly indicated on the underside, althought manual shows it as right in the corner?).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38053

I also just bought this on eBay (sellers picks, waiting for it to arrive) - there's lots missing, the servo saver is broken, but it does have the correct short roll loop/body mount for the ranger - and there's enogh there to hold the wheels an body in the right places
:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38058

Jonny,
I don't know if this helps you in any way, but here are some pics of my Ranger body, that shows where the holes etc. are. Just let me know if you want me to measure anyting.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38060

Thanks Tommy that's a big help - between your pics & the artefacts on the underside of my shell I can see where the holes need to go :) :y:

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38063

No problem, buddy! :)

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38075

Rear bed holes bunged & filled (still need rubbing down), new holes cut, Ford letters made for tailgate:

More holes on the front in progress, bogus grille Dremelled out and working on a new one:

Chassis arrived, it's way filthier than the photo shows:

Front wheels appear to be proper "deep dish" ones so I'll use those in preference to the Pajero wheelies fronts I've got, but the rears are incomplete:

Servo saver is broken, the bumper has two big cracks in it, chassis plate has a crack in it, plate underneath is surprisingly bent:

Underside of gearbox is free of gouges & scrapes:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38087

Hey JR I'm pretty sure I have some of those outer rim parts at home, I can have a look tonight and take some pic's if you like
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38090

Hey JR I'm pretty sure I have some of those outer rim parts at home, I can have a look tonight and take some pic's if you like

That would be cool - I only need one rear outer :)

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38091

:unsure: Are they the same than the grasshopper? or a little bigger?

Fake your own Ranger 7 years 11 months ago #38093

:unsure: Are they the same than the grasshopper? or a little bigger?

They're quite different - bigger diameter. And 8-spoke :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.