Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48469

Well today (actually yesterday) I finally decided what to do with the frog brat chassis that’s been sitting unloved for a while
It’s a mish mash of old and rere parts and I had no idea what to do with it, then a light bulb moment so took off the old brat rear body mounts and threw a couple of body posts on the back and extended the brat front mount and then put on my set of three brat wheels and one ranger front wheel(don’t ask :S)

Then got an old Blackfoot body I have just stripped and chucked rere windows and bumpers on it and the end result ain’t too bad

Nice paint and ranger decals will finish it off nicely I think :) :) :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48471

A fine custom buddy. :)

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48472

That is actually looking quite good!
You'll need to toss the 380 motor after adding that big body! :-D
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48473

IDK what you've got in mind for paint, but I'd be inclined to look at utilitarian (or froggy) green instead of blue - Hycote do a Ford Meadow Green (not to be confused with a Peugeot colour of the same name) that I think the stock decals would work on. (Halfords claim to do the same colour).

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48482

That is actually looking quite good!
You'll need to toss the 380 motor after adding that big body! :-D

I agree a 540 would look better :y:

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48483

IDK what you've got in mind for paint, but I'd be inclined to look at utilitarian (or froggy) green instead of blue - Hycote do a Ford Meadow Green (not to be confused with a Peugeot colour of the same name) that I think the stock decals would work on. (Halfords claim to do the same colour)

It’s a hard one the colour choice, am very tempted to go electric orange and alloy rims, like the ART hopper I did, tho decals will need a lot of colour changes.
Or just a nice sky blue and white rims with standard decals, decisions decisions :S
Your input on that JR?

Frog/brat ranger hybrid 6 years 1 month ago #48484

Or a nice metallic red? With a lot of clear to give it shiny + stock decals. With polished/ chromed alloy rims.

Last edit: by stingray-63.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.