Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53140

So lets Talk a bit about me and my LB project . My Name is Tobi i am from Germany 37 years old . I work i the paper industry and play Guitar in a christian metalband called Ancient Prophecy .

When i am not at work have time with my Family or am on the road playing gigs i go to my hobby chamber building Tamiya cars since i am 7 years old.

This here is a LunchBox wich i got for a steal price , already with oilshocks and Junfac dampermount and gearbrace.

When i stripped the paint caus i didnt like the purple i noticed that the body was not in that good condition as it seemed .

so what to do ..... right make it a custom build enough words here we go.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Gripper107, Toyz123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53141

As you can see the front right corner were broken off and the pre owner put backlights in it made out of a bycicle reflector. that was not done very good and he used a lot of putty.
i had to plasticweld the corner back on
and then started to strip the paint down with breakfluid.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Gripper107

Last edit: by Tobiwahnknobi.

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53142

The purple came of quite well but underneath it the preowner used a green and some sort of alloy or zinc spray it sticked really good to the body so i decided to keep it and just give it a sand. Now you can see the big holes he made for the backlights and put them in with putty .

They needed to be closed .
Attachments:

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53143

Using Uhu Allplast wich works really good on the Tamiya Hardbodys i closed the holes and used maskingtape to mark the next things to be happen.
Attachments:

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53144

And the there was the point of no return . look what i "saw" next

The cuts were made and then i started to close the cabin and started closing the backlightholes and give the whole thing some first putty.
Attachments:

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53145

After some sanding smoothing sandig i realised that the strange paint the preowner used somehow made the body brittle there were thousand of micro cracks in the surface , so i decided to do a more rough detailed surface then i had planned. Then my Camera quit and i lost some steps in the build, so i can only post some wide steps. The panels are made of polystyrene sheet , The Rivets are made using woodglue mixed with talcumpowder wich is applied with a injection syringe with the needle cut flat on the tip.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Gripper107

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53146

Uhu, wieder was gelernt ;)
Getting the popcorn out this is going to be interesting. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Tobiwahnknobi

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53147

The first result then looked like this
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Gripper107

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53148

Had a lot of fun bashing her arround but i decided to get the things a bit further . Had something in my mind the whole time and so i decided to give her a new mock up .
First i decided that she needs some proper backlights that suit the theme that was going around in my head .
The new Crew also arrived and gave everithing a first check.
Attachments:

Lunchbox Custom Build 5 years 3 months ago #53149

To get a bit of the themed look the grille had also to get a new look, and i started to build the onterior and the workplace for the new crew.
So far the two KS2O units seem to like it ;-)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.