Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53387

Hello, I am in the process of recreating a Ranger. My first RC car, sadly sold long ago.

Need info on the body mounts. Found info on the front mount, so that should be ok.
Anyone have info on the rear mount too?
Would love details on the bar height, and how thick the pressing on the middle is.
And of course measurements on the hex pin.
I will be modifying a Blackfoot body, so measurements on the bar 'cradles' under the rear bed would be nice too.

Saw the 'faking a ranger' topic, great info there!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53390

Welcome on board. I did a ranger tribute to. But Jonny retro can give you a real answer.
You should have marks under the body for holes.
I stabilized the body on the bar with uretan foam.
The following user(s) Liked this: Oldtimer50

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53392

Hi there, I got those mount lying around and can measure them tomorrow.

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53396

Hi there, I got those mount lying around and can measure them tomorrow.

Oh, that would be awsome. Thanks

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53397

Found a picture. You probably want measurements of the rollbar as well.

Attachments:

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53399

Thanks, Found a few pictures online myself, but not the measurements to recreate one.
If you have a caliper and the time.
I guess the bend radius in the corners are the same as the Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ bars, so that I can find myself.

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53400

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Thanks, Found a few pictures online myself, but not the measurements to recreate one.
If you have a caliper and the time.
I guess the bend radius in the corners are the same as the Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ bars, so that I can find myself.

Hi, this is on UK eBay at the minute.
Al
Attachments:

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53403

Thanks, it's listed as UK post, but I asked the seller if he posts abroad.
It seems a bit used for a shelf queen, but it might be fixable.

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53404

Hello, I am in the process of recreating a Ranger. My first RC car, sadly sold long ago.

Need info on the body mounts. Found info on the front mount, so that should be ok.
Anyone have info on the rear mount too?
Would love details on the bar height, and how thick the pressing on the middle is.
And of course measurements on the hex pin.
I will be modifying a Blackfoot body, so measurements on the bar 'cradles' under the rear bed would be nice too.

Saw the 'faking a ranger' topic, great info there!

Rear hoop: pressing in the middle is 4mm (0158") thick, overall bar height is 79.15mm (3.116"), the centres of the 3mm hole are 3.47mm (0.137") from the ends ... will endeavour to get the rest for yo at some point.

Can't give you the measurements for the bar cradles as mine were guessed at/what seemed to fit/work.

Took photos of the hex part & annotated dimensions:

:)
Attachments:

Recreating a Ranger XLT, need info on read body mount. 5 years 3 months ago #53405

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Thanks, it's listed as UK post, but I asked the seller if he posts abroad.
It seems a bit used for a shelf queen, but it might be fixable.

I would think a bit of a rub over with wet and dry paper and a polish with something like autosol and that will come up a treat.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.