Keyword

TOPIC:

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61331

Nice paint hanger :y:

I can belive in how much space parts takes when pulled apart.
Have half of a Capri at home, takes so much room!

I'm looking forward to see it in paint :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61460

Everything back from the shed in base colours & a few in white primer ... far too hot to do any detail painting ATM.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61479

I had the cunning plan of locking the differentials with Araldite Epoxy, theoretically if you apply it to lightly greased gears it should make a locking tough enough in use, but can be chipped off later.

Unfortunately I could find my "Rapid" stuff (claims 5 minute cure, but TBH it's 4 hours before you can handle something bonded with it & overnight before you can use in :whistle:) & have to use the slow curing Standard stuff. It was so hot yesterday & took so long to cure that enough of it ran out to lock both gearboxes entirely :whistle:

After that false start, I did manage to make some progress putting the chassis back together ... 3-part thrust bearings were particularly fiddly....

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61498

Chassis partly assembled & wheels on, just a light wash of NATO black to highlight the details :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61504

Rrrroooooohhhhhh. Nice!

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61563

Calico turned out to not the greatest choice for the tarp & tilit - it just doesn't have the scale woven grain of cotton drill... I did what I could but the result on the battery cover looks like a chunk of mouldy cheddar cheese to me ...

Planks in the back are a bit more "enthuisiastic" than they need to be as mostly they will only be semi-visible ...

Driver:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 8 months ago #61564

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 7 months ago #61603

"Canvas" tilt drybrushed in medium grey & dark grey, followed by wash of dark yellow; exhausts made to look very manky with Humbrol "Rust"; body has had an airbrush dusting of white, rubbed back in places. Windows have had a dust of flat clear. Fire extinguishers need some more detail, so I'm still not quite ready to put it back together yet...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, blakbird, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 7 months ago #61606

Awesome.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 3 years 7 months ago #61748

I think I can safely say this whizzes all ovr my version ...

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.