Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58895

I’m looking for this part for the Tamiya Jeep Sahara. Can anyone help/point me in the right direction.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58896

I’m looking for this part for the Tamiya Jeep Sahara. Can anyone help/point me in the right direction.

An MSC (mechanical speed controller) will be easy enougn to find used, slightly more difficult new, but to get a new one specifically for the CC-01 chassis almost impossible ... it depends just how "correct" you need to be - the only real functional differences between them are the length of the motor lead (yellow & green) & whether they have the "BEC" ((4xAA) battery eliminator circuitry) lead (small red plug with narrow black & red leads) attached.

You don't need long motor leads so the two I've linked to below would do if you don't need to be 100% "correct".

www.ebay.co.uk/...Sw08dd5Ag3

www.ebay.co.uk/...SwdnNd3SNr

However, if you haven't already considered it, let me extoll the virtues of an ESC (electronic speed control) - they are nothing like as expensive or fragile as they used to be, have many more speed steps than an MSC, an there's much less chance of a fire or runaway.

www.ebay.co.uk/...xyNo9SxVs-

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58897

I do not if the newer Tamiya ESC's is like the old TEU101-BK.
Had those fitted to several of my vehicles, incl the CC01.
That esc almost made me insane with the low frequency noise at low speed.
So if you intend to drive, and more on the slow side I will suggest to try to find that do not make that noise like the TEU101.
But if it is for shelf, any of those MSC will work as Jonny posted.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58898

one on ebay have a look at this one
www.ebay.com.au...SwccJefAf4

may be this one but email the seller and ask
www.ebay.com.au...SwUBlZrwjn

Last edit: by spannerman3.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58899

Can I still bypass the lights with the newer unit. I’m familiar with those as standard with most other judos I’ve done.

Thanks for the links.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58906

I fastly replace the msc by a old ko propo esc on my early wrangler. Now, you can find cheap and efficient chinese esc for kess than 10€. And they support "big" motors. Except if you want a total out of box vintage cc01, an esc the best way.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58912

www.marktplaats...mympSeller
the one on the left is sold. I still have the right one. is that him?

Last edit: by poebe.

Part needed 3 years 11 months ago #58913

I do not if the newer Tamiya ESC's is like the old TEU101-BK.
Had those fitted to several of my vehicles, incl the CC01.
That esc almost made me insane with the low frequency noise at low speed.
So if you intend to drive, and more on the slow side I will suggest to try to find that do not make that noise like the TEU101.
But if it is for shelf, any of those MSC will work as Jonny posted.

All ESCs make a high pitched noise at low speed because they modulate speed using pulse width modulation (PWM). The sound you are hearing is the frequency of the pulses. Tamiya ESCs seem to be louder than most though, and that includes the newest TBLE-02s. I recommend the Hobbywing 1060 as a brushed ESC replacement for most vintage Tamiya models.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.937 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.