Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 12 years 3 months ago #5176

Stripped all the paint off while I was doing the Cheetah - for the most part it sloughed off in fairly big patches ... seems to have gained some nasty white crustiness, so I'll give it a carful sand back to proper green plastic before going any further ...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 12 years 3 months ago #5178

what did you use for stripping of the paint?

I have still 3 M38 lying around and was thinking of caustic soda.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 12 years 3 months ago #5179

what did you use for stripping of the paint?

I have still 3 M38 lying around and was thinking of caustic soda.

Still using "De-Solv-It" Grafitti Remover ... I saw someone on TC had stripped a Scorcher shell with caustic soda though, I was quite impressed :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 12 years 2 months ago #5751

Jonny,

Hows the M38 restro going? any update?

BR
Mark

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 12 years 2 months ago #5753

Jonny,

Hows the M38 restro going? any update?

BR
Mark

In a word, no.

Knowing that my "runner" Willy (that cost less than this one) will _still_ be more complete/ better condition than this one even when I've finished means I can't work up enoough enthuisiasm to work on it ahead of other projects ATM.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 10 months ago #9761

Actually made some progress on this for the first time in months - I got my Willy out, glued the bit together, applied some filler, and spent a couple of hours rubbing down last night.

Yes, I was rubbing my Willy while watching the Eurovision song contest.

Today, I hope to get some primer on, and I plan to give my Willy another rub this evening.

:lol:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 10 months ago #9763

Come on, nobody wants to grab hold of my Willy jokes? :D

Moving on, I need to thing about a theme/colour - I already have a boxart WW2, my other M38 is boxart apart from the driver, so as I want to make the new aluminium front very shiny, I need to come up with some other colour scheme ... I did think of a firetruck theme as I'm quite fond of red cars :whistle: but my #2 Cheetah will be red & I don't really want to paint two cars the exact same colour in a row, so unless I have any brainwaves in the mean time, I'm thinking US Navy - about the same colour as the WWII Vought Corsair F-4U like this Tamiya one I found on t'internet, but without the dirt:

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 10 months ago #9765

Come on, nobody wants to grab hold of my Willy jokes? :D

better read the other threads you have started :P

but I got some inspiration and started fidling with My Willy. :blush:

(that would be nr. 4 or 5 in the rebuild pile :ohmy: )

the gearboxes got some grease in it thats colored yellow, green and blue, yuk! :blink:

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 10 months ago #9782

I seem to have got so enthuisiam back for this car, so while it lasts I'll run with it ...

Front wheel was in a poor state, with bits missing from both inner & outer white bits:

Outer face is easy enough, I sanded off the badly chewed up sticky up bit on all of the wheels, then filed back the break to straight edges:

Inlay is a bit of styrene sheet, outer edge will be sanded to shape later ...

Along with the rest of the filler:

Inner half of the wheel is more of a problem, I started by heating a bit of styrene sheet to "really floppy", then formed it around the wheel to get the (nearly) right radius...

... heat came from a mini blowtorch, balanced in a mug I had handy:

Once the card had set it was trimmed right down & fitted to the inside of the wheel. Once the glue has set & I've sanded the bottom edge to the right height, I can have a go at the missing spoke.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 10 months ago #9783

I also started on the "chip" on the bonnet:

I cut back to solid material & filed the edges straight before fitting another inlay of styrene sheet ...

... and more filler:

The tailgate just needed a bit of a cleanup & the broken bit gluing back on, and of course some filler:

I scraped all the smeg off the inside of the broken front bumper ...

... glued it up ...

... reinforced the outside with styrene sheet ... and of course _more_ filler, I'll open up the decorative holes after sanding.

:)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.573 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.