Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61089

I was really careful about separating out the brass parts & running them on their own in fresh water, but still managed to copper plate some of them...

... polished of with Autosol:

Body repaired & filled ...

... missed a bit & another needed a second attempt:

Primer has done a good job of hiding the orange:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61090

- for some reason the fronts really didn't want to stick, but the rear wheels were fine (?):

Very strange. They are made of the same plastic as the Wheeler had sprues with one front and one rear wheel.

I thought it might be contamination from the front wheel bearings ... but the rears are in direct contact too :blink:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61092

Progress on the wheels - first roughly Dremmelled to shape:

... & the outside turned:

Right knife tool was the wrong one to use ...

... counterbore worked much better:

Still needed a smear of filler - I didn't get on very well with the white "fine" putty, so I'm trying the grey "basic" version now.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61095

Still another crazy work on the rims Jonny.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61097

Really nice work the Jonny :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61184

Change of plan, I'm going to go with the #1 "green" livery rather than the #2 light blue.

I say "green" because it seems to be accepted that it should be a green, I've previously painted a Willy head (IIRC) in X-28 Park Green, the places that make alternative decals make sets in green ... but is it really green?

Take a look at the Ebbro #1 replica - isn't that really turqoise or teal rather than a straight green? This is a genuine question, I really struggle to tell some shades of green and blue apart unless (and sometimes still not) they are right next to each other.

...[/attachment]

... and then at the "green(ish)" choices I've got in vinyl sheet:

"Light green" wouldn't be right, and convention tells us "medium green" would be "correct" (but looks really quite anonymous next to the blue).

You could (at least to my eyes) make quite a strong argument for the "dark green" (even more meh), or a weaker one for the "mint" (a bit too left field).

However I'm leaning very strongly for the "turqoise" on the grounds that A - it's my car; B - I can do whatever the badword I like with it; C - it's the "interesting" choice; and D - it's not totally invalid (I think?); and E - a vintage wheeler is probably one of the last cars I'd ever sell :)

As you can see I've cut out both the turqoise and the medium green, I'm undecided on going with my heart, or convention.:S

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61185

Shapeways 'roo bar (just under 29 GBP :blink: but it's very unlikely I'll find a vintage one at all, let alone at I price I'd be happy with) sanded, primed, sanded again, primed again & juct waiting for a gentle tickle before paint ...

Body has been lots of priming/sanding/filling loops, again it's ready for a gentle sanding & then paint :)

Bumper holder is very yellowed (and very crazed on the back), it's a sunny(ish) day so this is already outside in a gripseal bag full of 12% peroxide.

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61189

Change of plan, I'm going to go with the #1 "green" livery rather than the #2 light blue.

I say "green" because it seems to be accepted that it should be a green, I've previously painted a Willy head (IIRC) in X-28 Park Green, the places that make alternative decals make sets in green ... but is it really green?

Take a look at the Ebbro #1 replica - isn't that really turqoise or teal rather than a straight green? This is a genuine question, I really struggle to tell some shades of green and blue apart unless (and sometimes still not) they are right next to each other.

...[/attachment]

... and then at the "green(ish)" choices I've got in vinyl sheet:

"Light green" wouldn't be right, and convention tells us "medium green" would be "correct" (but looks really quite anonymous next to the blue).

You could (at least to my eyes) make quite a strong argument for the "dark green" (even more meh), or a weaker one for the "mint" (a bit too left field).

However I'm leaning very strongly for the "turqoise" on the grounds that A - it's my car; B - I can do whatever the badword I like with it; C - it's the "interesting" choice; and D - it's not totally invalid (I think?); and E - a vintage wheeler is probably one of the last cars I'd ever sell :)

As you can see I've cut out both the turqoise and the medium green, I'm undecided on going with my heart, or convention.:S

upper decals are clssic tamiya green (between medium and dark green ) and under decal mint. I prefer your turquoise decals. IMO only.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61191

By no means perfect, but a lot lighter :)

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #61192

Awesome diference

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.