Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 9 months ago #10973

Well I can tell you the top ones are labour intensive & I wouldn't want to do them again unless I was personally stuck for some.
Bottoms are easy enough to do, the only difference being they're solid, not hollow (Cos they're machined, not pressed).
I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, but if I get a chance I'll knock you up a pair of lower ones to play with (Give me a poke if I forget)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 9 months ago #10979

the bottom ones of the swb are massiv.

heres a picture of some of the SWB and LWB parts

nice to have a stash of parts lying around to make pictures of :cheer:

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 9 months ago #10984

the bottom ones of the swb are massiv.

heres a picture of some of the SWB and LWB parts

nice to have a stash of parts lying around to make pictures of :cheer:

Interesting - the SWB ones are machined alloy, rather than pressed steel for the LWB (?) - I guess that was a cost thing :whistle:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 9 months ago #10985

Well I can tell you the top ones are labour intensive & I wouldn't want to do them again unless I was personally stuck for some.
Bottoms are easy enough to do, the only difference being they're solid, not hollow (Cos they're machined, not pressed).
I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, but if I get a chance I'll knock you up a pair of lower ones to play with (Give me a poke if I forget)

TVM :) :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 9 months ago #11025

Haha, so, now I've machined some lowers up for you (I'll get them sent ASAP), you can tell people they're from a SWB!

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 8 months ago #11095

Haha, so, now I've machined some lowers up for you (I'll get them sent ASAP), you can tell people they're from a SWB!

Bits arrived today - ta :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 8 months ago #11109

eddrick's handiwork, in case anyone was wondering:

:y:

Thanks again :)
Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 8 months ago #11130

The ones I did were better....
Don't much like the close-up pic - showing some "picking up" from the parting tool on the one on the right, I honestly don't remember it being that bad!
Should come out with a bit of wet-n-dry & polish though, if you're worried about it

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 7 months ago #12721

Well somebody on tamiyaclub is now a very happy owner of a fully restored Willy. :y:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 7 months ago #12747

Well somebody on tamiyaclub is now a very happy owner of a fully restored Willy. :y:

Yeah, I saw that ... how come it looks better in his photos than it did on my shelf? :silly:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.