Keyword

TOPIC:

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 6 years 1 month ago #48010

awesome Jonny. :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 6 years 1 month ago #48012

Great work JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 6 years 1 month ago #48060

Nice work !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 6 years 2 weeks ago #48669

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Jonny when I’m rebuilding my cars I tend to use your builds as a benchmark.
Love the attention to detail.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 11 months ago #49390

I think I've given this adequate thinking time ... the "solution" isn't new or imaginative, but I am happy with it :)

I won't be going too deep with the modifications as I want to keep the radio box, but so far I have taken 10mm off the bottom edge body all round so it looks a bit less lardy, relocated the lights, widenened & deepened the roof, added a bit on the front, added extra bars (taken from a spare Scorcher exhaust), and woven some window mesh.

Got some sanding to do, plus add a few more details (fake fuel fillers) plus will also add infill disks to the wheels ... still need to do everything on the chassis though :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 11 months ago #49393

Amazing Jonny

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 11 months ago #49490

Roof finished, fuel fillers done, basic inlays for the wheels ... white bits on the leftmost rear wheel outer are where I damaged the rim separating it from the sprue :whistle:

Waiting on the weather for primer ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 10 months ago #49946

Primed, base colour (VW Alpline White) & masked ready for 2nd colour:

2nd colour sprayed, masking peeled & lines taped:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, goldfish999, Al

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 10 months ago #49961

Great paint job, Jonny!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 5 years 10 months ago #49962

How good does that mini pin stripe tape look B) Very Nice JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.