Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 9 months ago #67524

Really nice work (and nice job for the diffuser)... The TT02 would not be usually the type of chassis I would look into... But who knows this body shell is really tempting... Will wait to see an interesting offer on this combo eventually...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67525

Mr T could put chromed rims.... Not the basic ugly grey :s

I agree. Would be so much nicer with the chrome ones.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67526

Really nice work (and nice job for the diffuser)... The TT02 would not be usually the type of chassis I would look into... But who knows this body shell is really tempting... Will wait to see an interesting offer on this combo eventually...

Thank you very much!

That's why I binned the TT02 and put the body onto a TA02 chassis.
Chassis was sold long ago.

But my second Capri (unfinished) is still on the TT02 chassis. I might borrow that for running as the TA02 has to high front shock towers so it wont allow to drop the body enough.
The chassis is about 3-4mm of the ground, not enough for driving on the outside.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67527

Maybe easier on a ta03r or a ta05 :p
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67530

Maybe easier on a ta03r or a ta05 :p

I don't have those fancy chassis's in my collection 

I found the extra sticker sheets.
The top one mesures 41x21cm and there is 80 numbered decals and some duplicate ones.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67570

Those MST wheels I bought recently, I had a plan..

Found some spare chrome wheels that was not in use and probably won't either.
Started with cutting off the inner bead.
Using a M4 bolt and nut and placed it in my drill and and all it took was medium speed and a sharp scapel.

After a bit sanding they were ready

The MST wheels are regular 26mm, but with adjustable offset.

They use a genius system with slots with 4 different depths which makes 3-5-6-9mm offset.
3 tangs goes into those slots as seen on the center piece.
After you set the offset you need you glue them in.

I wanted to use the 32mm tire of the Zakspeed so I needed to make the wheel wider, hence cutting off the inner beads of those other wheels.
Worked out perfectly

When finished I swapped back to the runner TT02 chassis and put on the wheels I just made.
Looks way better with chrome barrels. The mesh design is better than the Tamiya ones if I say so myself.

I do need to make a new diffuser as it is ment for the TA02 chassis and are too long for the TT02.
Will make one with the same design.

Me like the fatty tire under there.

Back in the cabinet.

I have not glued any tires yet, nor those extra rings I made.
Might run HPI 31 or 34mm tires in the rear as rumors says those are much stickier than the Tamiya ones.
But for the sheld it works.
The center of the rear wheels can not go through the new rings I cut due the smaller inner diameter than the MST ones, so I want to make sure I have the right offset and tire combo before I glue them.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67571

Nice work B)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67572

Nice work... I keep in mind for the time i'll be looking into a Zakspeed Capri project myself...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67728

Thank you chaps!

I've been ill related to my fatigue illness lately. But today I wanted to cheer meyself up a little with a small job.

To drive this thing I need to change the rear tires, rumors says the stock tires makes it spin out easily.
So found a thread that HPI slicks tires was to use, they come in 31 and 34mm variants, I choosed the 31mm ones as the rear wheels are 32mm.

Part number for those who might buy these

They are 4mm bigger in diameter than the stock Tamiya tire.
And they are way softer! 

Looks a bit better with the bigger tire in the rear me thinks 
The real racer had bigger rear tires as well so this looks more real now.

I need to epoxy the rear wheel lip that I added a while ago and then glue the tires.
Have to buy a new bottle of tireglue next time I'm at my lhs.

The annual Capri meeting is next weekend so before that I have to fit radiogear and lights and this should be driveable.
Think I will bring the other stock tire/wheel set so I can test out the difference.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67737

That Capri looks absolute awesome.........and i dont like Fords gernerally

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.