Keyword

TOPIC:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56508

Another project i had on my shelf….well i really can't remember since when this Toyota is waiting there...buti can tell i'ts been a long time.
I remember i got it on a local sale together with a Bull Head i'm using to play around.
It came with the original box and manual in pretty good condition despite a few pen marks on the manual. The car hasn't been driven that much so that the bottom of it does not show any marks except the front bumper.
This is almost unbelievable having a look at the state of the body !

It cam with all the electronics inside. The original MSC was replaced by an ESC but the MSC was included.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56509

The bottom looks pretty good….almost no scratches

A box full of parts, including the original MSC

Attachments:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56510

The overall state of the mechanical part is really good and requires only minimal actions besides a good clean up.

The front right knuckle got replaced by a new one, also included, so i just had to clean it and install it once everything ready

As usual, broken rear shock absorber. I had a couple of them in my spare parts….

The body looked pretty used, the interior was not painted according the manual so it will have to be painted accordingly. I ordered a TBG body as i could not find an original body set at a reasonable price ! I'm not ready to sell my house in order to afford such a original body set :whistle: :whistle:

Attachments:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56511

Other point are the wheels, well the rims. They looked very used...nothing to do the chassis ! I really can't understand how the chassis could have been preserved like this in comparison with the body and the rims. I presume it had to be replaced once and then the car remain somewhere stored.

I could find, long time ago per coincidence, 4 rims listed as Blackfoot ones ! So i grabbed them for a very good price

Other point is the interior. It has been painted really badly and shows a few broken spots. I have repaired them the best i could with 2 component glue from the inside.
The interior will be painted according the manual in box art

Attachments:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56512

Having this said, i think i have all the required parts to start this resto. Oh, i forgot i found an original decal set i will use on the TBG body set once this one painted.

I started taking the car apart, give a good clean and reassemble everything with fresh grease, new bearings and replace the broken bits

Started the re assembly with the front shocks

Attachments:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56513

Also replaced all the ball connectors

Once assembled

And filled with fresh oil

The rear ones

Attachments:

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56514

:cry: I want one to.... That is a lovely chassis and pretty nice bodies.
Congrats Manu.

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56517

1:12 has always been a bit too small for my clumsy fingers, but I can see the appeal of something like this :)

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56524

The Celica GRB is one of my favorite Tamiyas.
And think it's my favorite to drive among my collection of Tamiya vehicles.

On mine I miss the body completly, but I do have the orginal interior.

And your chassis seems to be in great shape!
I wish mine was so well..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58064 Toyota Gr.B Restore 4 years 7 months ago #56528

A bit more progress,

works goes on with the steering linkage

Replaced the plastic ball connectors aswell

Reassembly of the rear differential

And then once this done i assembled the previously assembled rear suspension and gearcase with the motor and battery compartment.

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.